Daniel Ek

Not to mention being a one club league, at best 2 club league some years. They have virtual lock on Germany.

We think itā€™s a problem Daniel Ek has shown no proper plans to take this club foward and heā€™s aligning himself with icons to get brownie pointsā€¦when we know for a fact that the Kroenkeā€™s do literally nothing as @Craigie had described very well. Apart from making sure that the books and legal proceedings make sense (Lewis and Garlick). Weā€™ve honestly reached such a low point that I donā€™t mind if this deal with Ek happens even without any proper plans. Change will need to come from top down. If in that regard nothing changes weā€™re definitely stuck at the point where we are now.

Btw, just that he hasnā€™t made anything public it doesnā€™t mean that he doesnā€™t have any and that this club is going to be controlled by Vieira, Henry and Bergkamp alone.

In the end itā€™s all probably moot anyway.

5 Likes

Where do people stand on the fan representation point that people from the Ek side are mainly pushing?
I get accountability to fans but fan representation sounds like a disaster to me.

They arenā€™t going to let unqualified people make decisions so I donā€™t see what difference it really makes.

5 Likes

Thatā€™s my worry about this. The plan so far feels a bit reactionary to me and not well thought. Weā€™ll see if they elaborate on it better.

I wonder if any more hats enter the ring. A few people have spoken about acquiring Arsenal and it not being for sale. Usmanov for example spent years increasing his own stake and waiting for Stan to sell his. It looks like he sold up because it wasnā€™t going to happen but if thatā€™s now a possibility maybe heā€™s still interested.

5 Likes

We already have unqualified people making decisions.

12 Likes

I was thinking this too surely a dude who used the name Red and White Holdings and pined after the club for literally years would fancy this opportunity to come in and make his dreams a reality.

Footballā€™s dead enough to me these days that Iā€™d happily bath in that dirty dirty oligarch blood money.

4 Likes

Football and basically everything else that is a something today has been and continues to be funded by, started with or associated with dirty money in some way or the other. So not sure why anyone would have an issue with whoever buys our club and where their money comes from, unless thereā€™s a chance they could have their assets frozen and the club ends up in the cross fires.

This whole ā€œworking classā€ club rhetoric is just nonsense, most of these clubs have been owned by wealthy people since the inception of the football league, doubt the money from Victorian England was any ā€œcleanerā€ than the money now :joy:

9 Likes

Touche

Hard to know if an owner will hire good people - they have no real knowledge of the business/sporting side so they are pretty much totally reliant on the management team they put in placeā€¦ lots of sporting owners are idiots and do a terrible job for their clubs, even the ā€œfanboyā€ ones like you see in the NFL with Snyder.

Are there ANY owners in the top football clubs that made their money in football?

2 Likes

If Ek does buy us, letā€™s hope he has looked at what Kroenke has done since heā€™s been here and learn from his many mistakes.
I doubt will happen but, if it does, he should do the opposite of everything our owner has done.

If there was a book about ā€œthe wrong way to run a football clubā€ or ā€œthe best way to ruin a football club,ā€ Kroenke would win the booker prize.

2 Likes

Yeah gotta lol at ppl asking what Ekā€™s plan is. Currently we have no fucking plan anyways and we are fucking shit. If Ek takes over only thing he could do worse is get us relegated and thatā€™s not gonna happen. We need new leadership because the Kroenkeā€™s donā€™t have a flying fuck what is going on.

5 Likes

Asking what his plan is and thinking our current plebs plan is shit are not mutually exclusive.

Apologies, I meant Ekclusive

8 Likes

Donā€™t know any in football but in the NFL Paul Brown of the Bengals and Mark Davis of the Raider made vast majority of their wealth though their teams. Theyā€™re pretty poorly operated orgs

Yeah I am firmly in the camp of ā€œit really canā€™t get any worseā€¦ can it?ā€

1 Like

TBF Mark Davis just inherited team from his father, no?

So he was an owner for a long, long time well before the bonkers acceleration of wealth in sport, let alone football. And Paul Brown got in back then too, basically a coachā€™s salary is what allowed him to buy 1/3 of the new franchiseā€¦ pretty sure those days are long gone =)

Iā€™m hearing Arsenal started following ek today on Twitter ?

Well they arenā€™t now

A lot of famous CEOā€™s/new shareholders had no experience in the running of a football club. They still succeeded however.