Dani Ceballos

You’ve obviously doing that on a best team basis of Partey being unavailable?

1 Like

We would still have Xhaka, Elneny, Partey, Willock and Maitland-Niles who can play there.

Yeah as soon as Partey is back he and Dani i think would be the pairing as long as we have a 10 like Ozil or if ESR continues to develop.

1 Like

Yeah I don’t count Willock as an option for proper games, so if Partey’s injury problems continue I’d way rather keep Ceballos for the duration of the season.

1 Like

Honestly outside Tierney, Leno, Saka,Martenelli not worth getting worked up over any of the rest. Partey obviously an exemption. The rest are nothing really.

3 Likes

Pretty sure Saliba would made that list too if he wasn’t locked up in the basement.

He can be the playmaker we need, but is so often in hiding.

Nah, at best he can play in a double pivot as a #6/#8.
Tidy player but limited athletically and a bit more creative than Elneny.
I think it’s best for him to continue in La Liga next season.

A playmaker doesn’t have to be a number 10… His lack of atletic ability is not what is limiting him. Rather the lack of movement in our front four. Ceballos is potentially still the best centre midfielder at this club.

1 Like

Well well well, this shit is too ezzzz :joy::joy: everyone talking shit on Dani and he goes out and drops a massive performance :grin::grin: he’s easily the best midfielder in our team not named Partey, surprised it’s so hard for football fans to properly assess talent.

Dani vs WBA

86% pass accuracy
4 tackles
5 interceptions
3 key passes
7/10 accuracy on his long balls
1 dribble

Dood is a baller just needs a proper team to function just like the rest of our squad for the most part. Nobody has been performing consistently well because of how disjointed we’ve been.

1 Like

Well he can go and find a proper team. Not this club.

1 Like

I did have him in our best 3 players tonight with Tierney and Saka.

1 Like

Xhaka and Partey are better than him.

You are blind when it comes to Xhaka. Like actually. This is a bias I really don’t understand.

1 Like

Has Xhaka ever had 4 tackles and 5 interceptions in a match in his entire career, much less at Arsenal? Doubtful.

Actually, I can’t stand Xhaka. It wasn’t long ago I was chatting the most shit about him but I did see him improve under Emery and he improved even more under Arteta.
Is he good enough for Arsenal? Fuck no. I want him to be gone first thing in the summer.
As things stand though he’s one of our best midfielders, but let’s be honest apart from Partey our midfielders ain’t that good.
Having Ceballos, Elneny and an inexperienced Willock doesn’t make it too hard for him to be ahead of them.

Xhaka ain’t a destroyer. He’s a deep lying playmaker.

Ceballos isn’t a destroyer either hes just a combative well rounded midfielder. Also Xhaka is supposedly a deep lying playmaker who doesn’t even progress the ball particularly well or make key passes. So what kinda playmaking is he doing exactly?? :joy::joy:

1 Like

He’s not… You keep jabbering about the physical ability of Ceballos but Xhaka is actually a liability in that regard. Because he can’t move opposing players go past him like it’s nothing. His awareness sucks, he’s always too late which leads to mistakes. Unlike Ceballos who can actually intercept and has some worth in the one-v-one.

The short passing of Xhaka is fucking terrible. It’s always back- or sidewards. He has decent long passing, but Ceballos is at least on par with him in that regard. If not a lot better.

I feel like you’re trying to wind me up a bit (which obviously worked).

His making more progressive passes than Ceballos.
Ceballos has pretty much turned out a destroyer at this club because he’s an average playmaker at this level.
His passing ain’t that special and he doesn’t have the explosiveness to make good runs in the opposing third.
Dani was flopping hard here because Emery didn’t pick up on his limitations. Once Arteta did and started using Ceballos in a more conservative role alongside Xhaka that’s when he started playing well.