Dani Ceballos

Maybe, but not smart if true, especially considering their strong suit which is pressuring and regaining possession, is supposed to be a hallmark of the way Arteta wants to play.

Guendoozi because of his attitude and Ceballos because I canā€™t see us keeping him permanently

Dani Ceballos is elite, youā€™ll be hard pressed to ever get someone of his caliber back at our club. Weā€™ve even got the opportunity to get him somewhat cheap because weā€™ve driven his price down by using him improperly and having him in such a shit team :joy::joy: I really want a Guendo Dani partnership but Iā€™ll settle for Partey and Dani, if in fact Matteo wants to leave. I just hope we are smart enough to know what we have, and Dani would stayā€¦which seems up in the air atm.

Tbf, itā€™s kinda known Partey has average stats. It shows how worthless some of them are.
For example, Mustafiā€™s stats at some point were better than VVD but those stats didnā€™t correctly track his lapses in concentration that punished the team.

Iā€™ll give you that I think Ceballos has improved in 2020 but he still needs work. If Iā€™m speaking honest, his rumoured next destination(Betis) is probably the right call. Heā€™ll probably end up like Canales or Parejo.

Yeah thatā€™s why Iā€™ve been saying for ages that u canā€™t just Stat DNA someone. Iā€™ve argued a million times tho that Muatafi is an incredibly talented football player. His lapses have nothing to do with talent or athleticism and everything to do with his football IQ. After having seen a lot of Dani now, thatā€™s not an issue whatsoever. His only issue has been he has been in a disjointed team with non existent partners in the middle. His class is easy to see imo.

I think thatā€™s a big part of it. Emery did a pretty lousy job of using players in ways that made them feel comfortable.

Then again, Iā€™m sure weā€™d have a lot of OK Boomers/Yer daā€™s complaining that Ceballos doesnā€™t provide enough pace and power or whatever it is that they complain about.

If the price is right (i.e.: $0 or a nominal loan fee) I would love to see what a whole year of Dani working with Arteta gets us.

1 Like

Iā€™d take him on permanent for 25 - 30m.

25m for him and 50m for Partey? Weā€™d better start packing Aubaā€™s things if thatā€™s the case. :arteta:

I think we fund it by letting Guendouzi leave, we can get at least 50m for him. You gotta believe if they are after Partey so hard we are losing someone cuz itā€™s already a pretty crowded midfield. Guess Dani is the most likely candidate tho.

Not sure if itā€™s quite fair to be comparing Ceballosā€™ stats while he was at Real Madrid, all of a playerā€™s stats are going to get a natural boost purely from the quality of their team mates in a team like RM.

He has the atheleticism, the footwork and technical ability, but I think his biggest issue is his vision.
If he tries a pass he will usually make it, and if he tries a dribble or spin to get away from an opponent that usually works too. But too often he either chooses a sideways/backwards pass or holds onto the ball too long, especially with counter attacking opportunities.

Probably something we could coach, but a bit of a risk for a player we arenā€™t likely to get for <Ā£30m

He has done well in the last couple of games but overall, he really hasnā€™t done enough for us to count on him for all our creativity in the midfield. He might have been hindered by injuries and playing under 3 different managers and so the best way to go about it is to extend his loan deal by 1 year.

There are still a few games left. Letā€™s see how he does in those but right now, on the evidence we have seen, he isnā€™t what we need.

1 Like

I think heā€™s quite literally a Betis/Sevilla level talent, and the thought of us pumping Ā£40m into Real Madridā€™s transfer kitty to obtain his pirouette and ball holding self, makes me angry.

If we can get him for under Ā£30m I canā€™t see why not but anything above that would be a ridiculous investment based off this seasons performances.

11 Likes

Iā€™d like to see if he can continue his current performances, which are a step up from his usual level for us.

1 Like

I would too so I wouldnā€™t mind holding onto him but I almost certainly donā€™t think paying Real anything above Ā£30m would represent good value for money based on what weā€™ve seen.

7 Likes

Honestly I think even 30 might be a bit much, considering our very limited funds.

7 Likes

Iā€™d take him on loan for another season.

3 Likes

If you can obtain a younger talent in Szoboszlai, for I assume, a lower sum of money, then Iā€™m going for the latter.

The season hasnā€™t been great as it is but I think Dani will probably prosper elsewhere.

1 Like

Preferably a loan to buy!

2 Likes

No obligation though!!

Would take him for around the Ā£20m mark but talk of any more would put me off.

3 Likes