Dani Ceballos

2 Likes

Yeah, you won.

I had really high hopes for him :facepalm:

1 Like

Translation: ā€œBetis is an option, I want be happy playing again.ā€

Fā€™ing hell, this guy is such a crybaby.

1 Like

I actually respect him if heā€™s mature enough to know being a big fish in a small pond is better. Really disappointed he didnā€™t kick on after snatching Ben Meeā€™s soul with that nutmeg. Weā€™ll always have that memory. :giroud3:

1 Like

Yeah send him back to Spain ASAP

Donā€™t blame him, heā€™s been deployed wrong from the very start and who would be happy playing in this Arsenal team right now? Another guy that is gonna come good that we will wonder how he got away.

Maybe and he has shown glimpses from what Iā€™ve seen of him this season but thereā€™s nothing wrong with an odd fit not working out. I hope he actually blossoms elsewhere as heā€™s clearly driven to make a name for himself in football.

Iā€™m interested in the profile Arteta wants at CM next season.

There always seems to be an excuse for Dani. But heā€™s now in his mid 20s and heā€™s been shit his entire club career except for some spurts of excellence.

By and large his reputation is only hinging on some performances in an u21 tournament.

1 Like

Heā€™s ā€˜onlyā€™ 24 in august ;). I think he has talent but is not exceptional enough to make it at Real/Barcelona/Atletico and an excellent career a level below that is what is going to happen, probably.

FTFY

As Iā€™ve said before, heā€™ll have a good career at somewhere like Real Sociedad

Heā€™s never played u23 football for Spain :eyes:

U21s then?

He didnā€™t make a name for himself the in the Spanish national team thatā€™s for sure

I know I never said he did. I said his reputation hinges on the u21 tournament haha.

Didnā€™t Spain with the U21s euros with him? Was it 2017? He was absolutely immense if I remember correctly, but didnā€™t kick on at all aside from one good goal at the Nou Camp

Heā€™s recently been in the Spanish team too, deployed on the left of the front 3 IIRC.

1 Like

Shocking to me that Arsenal fanatics will go to the ends of the earth to defend a shitter like Xhaka whoā€™s a long ball merchant and is good for nothing but being pegged back in ur own half and maybe springing a counter, but they will actually shrug off a true talent like Dani who actually could be a component in a team that plays sexy football.

You need players in the same wave length and quality to shine.

Put Ceballos with Barca players, he could do very well, IMO.
Put Ceballos with Arsenal, or shitty teams, he may be the best players on the team but not going anywhere.
Give us prime Xavi, Busquets wonā€™t help cause our players do not have that quality.
Santi and Iniesta could, because they are great dribblers and able to get open and chances by themselves.

Dani, not really a great dribbler, need players to excel.

I think he improved his game this year with Arteta and being paired with Xhaka in a double pivot. Unfortunately, PL is too much for him. He gets gassed easily and his style of play requires explosiveness in the PL, which he doesnā€™t have.
I think heā€™ll end up like Canales.

I hate Xhaka and I also just canā€™t really see what Ceballos does? He holds onto the ball for too long, pirouettes a lot and thatā€™s about it.

1 Like

This.

Itā€™s 100% true, Ron, but it also pisses me off no end lol.

Iā€™m going to say something controversial now in that if a player canā€™t shine and be committed in a team that isnā€™t on the same wavelength then that player canā€™t be truly world class

1 Like