Dani Ceballos

He is madrid bound i reckon but it would be hilarious watching spuds fans if we did. 1st comments would be’good riddance he is the sort of player we needed to get rid off because he isnt good enough it is about arsenals level’ bunch of dickheads!

I don’t see any difference between RM and Arsenal!!

Sid Lowe is on today’s Arsecast talking more about the interview and all about Ceballos. A good listen.

1 Like

Second game he’s pulled off a dumb pass just outside our penalty box that god known how it wasn’t converted into us conceding a chance.
Needs to cut it out.

And he does it again. :man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming:

Thought he was very good today again, really a classy player on the ball.

1 Like

One of the commentators made the comment that Ceballos running style reminded him of Pires - and f*ck its true… he loooks gangly and awkward, but has that knack for first step and feints…

Obviously he is no Pires at this point, but it was an apt comparison physically when I looked for it.

Possibly the worst player on the pitch today.
Not sure what Emery is asking from his #10s but this ain’t it.
I don’t want to blame him fully because I’ve seen what Emery has done with Ozil too.

1 Like

But he isn’t a number 10 anyway. He can play there, sure, but in the limited time I’ve him play he seems at his best as the playmaker in the pivot. We should try Ceballos and Torreira in the pivot, but I’m not so sure that is ever going to happen.

2 Likes

Yeah had a really poor game today.

I can’t see Real particularly against selling him if this is par for the course but will we want him?

2 Likes

He’s good but after that Burnley game I thought we had a regeneration of Cesc ffs haha

Plenty of games for him in the Europa and League cup.
Could get messed up here unless we get some proper structure. He’s all over the place and still struggling on stamina.

Sometimes it’s easy to forget he’s only 23 and hasn’t played that much top level football. We are going to find out what he is but need to let him work. I’m not going to go on the game to game rollercoaster with a 23 year old.

Experience wise that’s fine but 23 isn’t that young.

I am quite confident that Real won’t want him back.
We will be crying about his consistency issue by end of the season but will be delighted to sign him.

He may come good in couple of season.

This may not be the place for you :eyes:

2 Likes

Emery is aids for a #10 creative player. When he played Ceballos deeper earlier in the season that’s when we saw him at his best. He needs to play deeper in a midfield 3 or as a partner to Torreira as dm, to get the most out of him imo. Ceballos is excellent in beating the press and building our play, of course he’s been somewhat hampered by our, suicidal play from the back at all costs no matter how much pressure it invites, philosophy. Regardless if he was employed in this manner, that would require Xhaka being dropped which will never happen unfortunately.

Thinking about it, Emery might be a blessing in disguise for our chances of retaining him. He’s never going to shine under Emery at least consistently, so maybe Real will pass on him returning and we’ll be given a big gift. Once we have a proper manager with real ideas, probably next season, we’ll really get the best out of this guy.

4 Likes
10 Likes

Put some respect on them pirouettes.