Dani Ceballos

Because they were balling for Madrid right?

Mikel managed to get a very good output from Ceballos for periods in his time here. It’s up to the latter to be consistent.

As for Odegaard, the guy comes in for 6 months with solid competition ahead of him in ESR. We should be wary with our expectations from him.

Yep, injured.

The fact that they weren’t balling for Madrid doesn’t mean they shouldn’t for us. Ceballos and Odegaard are more than good enough talents for a top four Premier League club. It’s up to the manager to get that out of them.

The fact that Arteta puts Ceballos in and out the team doesn’t help.

3 Likes

Massive stretch.
How are two players who can’t ahead of a 50 year old Modric more than good enough for a top four Premier League club?
Have you seen the state of Madrid the past years?

Ceballos has got more than enough opportunities from Arteta. If he was consistent he wouldn’t be in and out of team so often.

2 Likes

I have. Modric is still playing on a very high level. The fact that Zidane still has a preference for Modric doesn’t mean that Ceballos and Odegaard are not talents good enough for a top four Premier League club.

Nah. Xhaka is inconsistent as fuck and still starts every goddamn game. Has nothing to do with that.

3 Likes

Ceballos actually was balling for Madrid lol but as u say they still have a solid af midfield and Dani needed minutes that’s why he’s here and thats why we welcomed him with open arms because he’s better than anyone here the day he arrived and he’s better than anyone not named Partey currently.

1 Like

3 Likes

4 Likes

You’re right, his value has tanked

2 Likes

To be fair, I can see a Spanish mid-table side paying €15-20m for him.
But, still disappointing that he was valued at around the €40m before he came here.

1 Like

The deal has been made permanent! Let’s goo!

1 Like

100% fitness wise, our boy here is Betis bound come the end of the season.

If these mofos even dare! :triumph:

1 Like

Rayo Vallecano or Levante?

1 Like

Another loan probably. As if someone will pay the full 25m lol. Crazy.

2 Likes

DON’T TEMPT IT.

1 Like

He’s a solid squad option, I’d much rather have someone like him who can ball than say Elneny but it just seems too steep for him. Feels like our time with Ceballios should come to an underwhelming end this summer.

I don’t even like Ceballos all that much, and am not exactly super eager to keep him permanently, but I don’t think 25m Euros is a lot really.

2 Likes

It’s not , objectively it’s pretty decent for a well established player like him. Yet I feel like it will completely hamstring our budget and when you think he’d be 3rd or 4th choice CM for us it doesn’t really represent value.

I’d much rather fill that position with a free transfer or a youth product or something, even better invest in a first teamer and push Xhaka down the line further.

Whichever random Spanish team lands him for that though will be doing ok and will probably make money on it down the line. He just doesn’t suit our needs and personally I don’t think I’d even bother with another years loan if it were offered.

8 Likes

Yeah, thats all reasonable enough, I don’t disagree.