Crystal Palace vs Arsenal (PL) 0-2

Good game from us, although apart from the chance that Ramsdale did well to save from Eze, Crystal Palace seemed off the pace, compared to the last time we played them.

We looked well prepared and motivated from the start, which is something we’ve lacked in recent seasons and deserved the win.

1 Like

Oh no my favorite football club won a match sik burn bruh :sob::sob::sob::woozy_face::woozy_face::woozy_face::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Thoight zinc was great in midfield, final third and with attacking transitions but there were some question marks defensively.

Didnt look steady on the back foot againt a 30 yo Ayew

2 Likes

I didn’t like how much Xhaka found himself in advanced positions. Doesn’t have the agility or foot speed to be a threat.

A guy like Tielemans does damage in those areas. That CM better be on the way

7 Likes

I just wonder…is he been given 2/3 games to prove he can do what Arteta wants there and if he doesn’t the Tiele trigger gets pulled.

(Wishful thinking I’m sure)

You have to be a special kind of idiot to deduce Arsenal won’t make Top 4 because they “just” beat Palace…

StevIe probably fuming Jesus is actually a decent player after dissing him every chance he had earlier in the summer, especially after he was linked with us.

1 Like

:wright: :wright: :wright:

3 Likes

Certainly had some promising transitions get bogged down from him–he looked noticeably slower than anyone else out there.

I can’t be the only one that was certain he get a second yellow after that terrible dive in the first half.

1 Like

1 Like

I was just looking back at results from last year and at home Palace beat us, beat Spurs, beat United, drew City, lost 1-0 to Chelsea on a last minute winner, and lost 3-1 to Liverpool in a game they were ahead on XG and came very close to the equalizer on a bunch of occasions before giving away a penalty on 89 minutes for 3-1.

They are tough as nails at home. Away at Selhurst is arguably the hardest fixture in the PL outside top six clashes.

Well done boys.

8 Likes

Not sure how much I’d read into the Liverpool one though, Liverpool led by a couple early and were without the AFCON players etc.

1 Like

Nice prediction @Sol

@BigWeng_4LYFE I hope we can rid this stop playing after 30 mins stuff in the near future.

2 Likes

Yup was a dangerous 15 minute span to half time where we were outplayed. Credit to the Arsenal today tho it was a scrappy win, great defending and Saka doing what he does best which is just making magic happen.

4 Likes

Brilliant move

3 Likes

Weirdly both goals yesterday had that “is that in” feeling to them. Dunno if it’s the camera angle at Shelhurst Park or what but both of them took me s second to realise.

5 Likes

I think against a bigger team, they’d make us pay.

2 Likes

Too early to say anything at this point and it will take more than a 1 performance and result like this one to convince the doubters, which includes me.

Am super thrilled by the overall performance and mental toughness we showed yesterday but let’s make a habit out of this.

1 Like

Had me fooled :joy:

Tierney had no right winning and directing that header to a teammate, goal doesn’t happen without him

1 Like

That really was a cracking result, Palace are a good side and won’t be mugged-off easily this season.

Ironic that Saliba had one of those Vieira-type debuts where he immediately looked a class above the rest.

Interesting refereeing last night too, new instructions to let the game flow will lead to many a spoilt player screaming for a free kick then having to immediately recover from a life-threatening injury to get back up with the play. I like what I see after a season of what seemed like constant stoppages for fouls and VAR checks.

All in all, a game that made me excited about the possibilities this season, which is what we all needed after last August.

4 Likes

One thing I’m disappointed about is how we ended up losing the possession battle by almost 60/40. In pre-season it felt like we were really pinning teams back much like City do, but we couldn’t do the same to Palace, at least not for much more than the initial 20 minutes or so.

At the same time, Selhurst is a tough place to go and I think plenty of good sides will drop points there this season. These are the types of games where you often just take the points however they come.

2 Likes