Cristiano Ronaldo

Even if you were already basically a billionaire?

2 Likes

He mentioned during the Piers interview that he had business plans post football, hence why he talked to Jordan Peterson.

I know most people(including myself) think money wonā€™t be a big factor in his next move, but you never knowā€¦
Maybe whatever he has planned for after football requires loads of money, and a move to Saudi gets him that.

Heā€™s definitely gonna have a post-football career like Beckham. Expecting him to be shoved down our throats for many years after he quits.

1 Like

If you can do easy work rather than retire then why not. Iā€™d probably try for something like a 1 year deal just in case itā€™s shit though. Youā€™d imagine his brand power greatly diminishes once he spends more than a season completely off the radar though so that may play into it too. Even Twitter nerds probably arenā€™t going to be tuning in for Saudi league games.

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure I fully understand the link.

Apparently that was one of the reasons they met.

Yeah, I got that from what you wrote the first time lol. I meant I donā€™t understand why heā€™d see Jordan Peterson because he has business plans post football.

1 Like

Hahah, I actually thought the same.

Doesnā€™t correlate well. He did mention something about motivational speaking, improving his English and such so I reckon thatā€™s an area heā€™ll explore and Jordan does have expertise in that.

Be weird if he talked to Jordan about his clothing brand. :sweat_smile:

Thatā€™s roughly Ā£1.4m a week. What is happening to this game

1 Like

Itā€™s Ronaldo. Forget about football, he might be the most popular person in the world right now.

1 Like

Why am I gonna forget about the sport he plays? I couldnā€™t give a fuck who he is lol Ā£1.4m is an absurd amount and no one should be on that much, especially a prima Donna footballer like Ronaldo

If he wants to earn blood money instead of playing champions league football (like he says he does), he can. More power to him. Iā€™ll lose even more respect for him than I already have.

4 Likes

See, itā€™s not about the game. Itā€™s about society as a whole. The Saudi are essentially paying for his influence. Itā€™s sad but thatā€™s what itā€™s really about here. :man_shrugging:

Yea I suppose with Betty White, the Queen and Angela Lansbury gone that title is up for grabs.

One of the greatest ever players and getting slated like heā€™s Jimmy Saville or some shit. Smh. Him and Messi will be missed. New generation are shite.

4 Likes

You can do both. You can admire his achievements in football whilst also thinking heā€™s a massive twat.

2 Likes

Newsflash: Most people in the best of their profession are.

Saka the only exception.

Heā€™ll be one when he leaves us :grin:

2 Likes

:wright:

2 Likes

Ronaldo when he plays against Switzerland:

1 Like

Advertising workā€¦

1 Like