Cricket

Great series win
Been some brilliant games

England test matches look to be exciting going forward!!

Bairstow in some wild form.

Yeah. Root got played of the series, but could easily have been Bairstow instead

Root probably had better numbers overall ?

It was just Bairstow was scoring at a T20 rate which made it so interesting to watch and a real one outta the box.

Was exciting when JB nearly got that fastest 100 in English history!

1 Like

Pant saves India yet again and Jadeja is such a gun all rounder.

Was turning square in Sri Lanka in our match, even Travis Head took 4-10.

I’m looking forward to the next 9-10 months to see who our opponent will be in the WTC final.

1 Like

Broad just went for 35 off an over to Bumrah :joy:

1 Like

Had tickets to watch today’s play but couldn’t go in the end, gutted to have missed that Broad over. Historic and crazy stuff

1 Like

Massive target for England to chase against India today
Anyone watching?
Think it may be a few runs to much this time, even though they have done incredibly well in the past few run chases.

Nope England are going to do it again, this one is even more impressive as the target is bigger as you said and the Indian attack is really strong.

Massive credit to England and the insane home summer they’re having.

If only they played a bit like this down here my day 4 tickets to Melbourne might not have been redundant.

1 Like

Absolutely. This new attitude being shown by England while chasing big targets is just so different to what you’d expect from a test team, chasing a big target, in English conditions.

What India are missing is a menacing fast bowler who can take wickets through sheer pace. Someone like a Shoaib. Umran Malik is the closest we have to him but he’s too raw and unrefined.

This result will put more pressure on Dravid. There’s already some noise in social media. People are contrasting his stint so far with what Ravi Shastri did. Having 5 or 6 captains since he took over has not helped.

2 Likes

@sunny310c @Electrifying I’d absolutely love it if we could get a India vs Pakistan test series in the next version of the world test championship 2023-2025.

That would be epic. The two countries absolutely need to play more cricket but we can’t seem to separate politics from sport unfortunately.

1 Like

What has Bairstow eaten this summer?

I’m so impressed/envious of this England test batting mindset.

Crazy run rates

1 Like

Cheese and ham toasties. Someone asked him that in an interview last week :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Probably should be cutting out those things with a body shape like his.

i am looking forward to Aussie coming over to see this England team playing against his team

What a change from not so long ago

1 Like

Should be be very entertaining cricket @Kroenkeoutplease.

Poms climbing from what was an embarrassing start.

Bairstow after England are set a target of 540 on the last day against Australia.

2 Likes