Cricket

This Australian team is pretty strong, unless you find a quality bat or two outside of Root you’re gonna struggle.

Scores of 103, 105*, 114, 57 and 158 in the last five ODI innings for Babar Azam. Unreal form.

2 Likes

Beautiful batsman.

2 Likes

NZL laying the beating on England.

1 Like

No Kane Williamson this test, that’s a lucky break for the English.

Yeah, real lucky, we might get smashed if he were there. Oh, wait…

Just the 553 for NZ

1 Like

I caught a bit of this when in the folks earlier. How long have test cricketers had numbers on their jersey? How out of the loop am I? :joy:

It’s been about 3 years now

1 Like

On second thoughts, perhaps we won’t get smashed.

Not being captain is suiting Joe Root right now. 163 not out.

Yeah Root is showing his class without the pressure of captaincy now. Class display from him and Pope

1 Like

Joe Root is just an absolute class bat period, the only thing missing from his CV is a ton on Australian soil.

I think England will win the test from here, which is pretty amazing given the Kiwis scored 550 1st dig.

Been a rather intriguing series this so far, lots of shifts of momentum.

1 Like

He just got England’s second quickest ever test century :raised_hands:

1 Like

You’d confuse this game for a T20 if it weren’t being played in the whites. Unreal stuff from Bairstow and Stokes.

1 Like

The game was in the balance right up until tea, and then Bairstow went absolutely mad lol.

They gave tickets away for free this monring too, what a day’s play to witness!

I honestly reckon England are better off treating tests like ODI’s, it’s not ideal but a lot of the batsman they have are technically sub standard and are suited to the short form game that they’re very strong at…

That’s an unreal run chase and test match.

I missed some good cricket when I went to bed last night, Glenn Maxwell with a knock to see Australia home in the 1st ODI in Sri Lanka.

I’m looking forward to seeing you and your boys over here soon so our technically flawed players can show you what they’re made of Aussie.

Unbelievable turnaround playing the world test champions no less. Against the red ball this was unbelievably good batting by Bairstow and Stokes. Not so many years ago they were top test batsmen. Showed it again today.

2 Likes

Yeah NZ might be world test champions but I honestly think Australia and India are substantially better sides.

Great win and great batting by the Poms mate :+1:

I didn’t expect this England line up to chase down almost 300 runs in the second innings, especially with Root going cheaply. Awesome counterattack by Stokes and Bairstow. This assault by the middle order of England was very reminiscent of what Australia used to do with Gilly and Roy. I also wonder how much of this was because of McCullum.

1 Like

Legend

1 Like