Cricket

Our team isn’t great, but having the best batsman in the world and arguably the best bowler in the world looks like it may be the difference.

1 Like

I think England put everything in for 4 years to win the ODI WC and fair play they managed that.

But their test team seems to have been affected by this change in mindset.

Guys like Buttler and Roy who tore up ODIs have been found wanting in tests. their temperament and technique in tests needs worked on.

1 Like

Smith and Cummings show what is possible when concentration levels are high over long periods of time. They have shown that in an average team they are outstanding cricketers…god that hurt!

1 Like

Jack Leach promoted. It’s the end of an era :pensive:

Yeah spot on. It’s probably a price worth paying for the WC but it has affected this ashes series

After what happened in the 3rd test, and if England manage to draw this one, I’ll go out on a limb and bet all of my belongings on England winning the Ashes. Unreal comeback in the series. Whatever happens today, a lot of bottle has been shown.

1 Like

Can’t see Stuart Broad surviving 14 overs, but would be pretty spectacular if we do manage the draw. @Aussiegooner ‘s face would be a picture :arteta:

Best team by far won that. We only won the last test through sheer individual brilliance and a bit of luck.

First time the Aussies have won here since 2001, that is certainly a big achievement…

Thank fuck I didn’t stay up until 330am to be disappointed again. Felt we really deserve to be 2-1 up in this series, but fair play to England they really dug in.

This ashes series is making me sleep deprived.

Well we’ve retained the ashes which is fantastic, but we haven’t completed the series victory in England just yet.

That’s true, can’t see us winning at the Oval though! We’re someway off the pace and will be quite deflated.

I felt this ashes was always going to be touch for us off the back of a World Cup and it’s proven to be the case

I’m not sure Cummins will play the 5th test, he looked absolutely gassed at the end and only 3 days off between matches. Given his injury history early in his career I can see us being cautious with him.

Trouble with the 5th test is if we win people will believe the Aussie took their foot off the pedal. If we lose it shows we were never good enough. No win senario

Thank fuck we’ve at least retained the ashes given they’ve selected Mitch Marsh in the squad for the 5th test.

Bowling first at the Oval is a ludicrous decision.

Smith’s lowest score of the series, only got 80.

Enjoying today’s cricket, despite the fact that the Aussies have retained the ashes already.

Great weather and England on top, can’t beat it!

Great innings by Wade today in a losing cause.

1 Like

Well done by England for levelling the series, I really wanted to win it outright but you outplayed us at the oval and deserved the win.

Overall I found it pretty gripping viewing over the last 7 weeks or so between two pretty evenly matched sides with lots of interesting individual battles. All in all 2-2 with us retaining the urn I think is fair.

Now I can get back to my normal sleep pattern ( Arsenal games aside) not turning up to work sleep deprived will be a welcome relief.

1 Like

I actually think apart from the last test Australia outplayed us in almost all areas. If it wasnt for a miraculous innings by Ben Stokes you would of won outright. Your main disappointment was Warners form with the Bat but I suppose when Smith is superhuman it doesnt matter. Broad aside I thought our bowling was poor, I guess that was down the injury to Anderson which didnt help. There was too much pressure on Archer because of that. Our batting was patchy at best. Australia thoroughly deserved to retain the Ashes. We need to improve in test cricket, you could see there was a bit of a hangover from the World Cup and resetting into test match mode.

A great and exciting series though.

1 Like

First proper ODI in Pakistan for 10 years, and it’s a washout out of nowhere :arteta:

1 Like