Cricket

I have to make piece with this as I have learnt to keep my eye gaze down, avoid awkward stares and learn to dig my nose tactfully.
Thankfully never had to deal with a hit girl sitting across me.

But I will never compromise on a barrier.

Supurb job by England as much as I hate to admit it.

1 Like

Steve Smith smashed all over the place there. A 21 run over :rofl:

Man, Pakistan were getting red hot just as the other teams were faltering, they’d have every chance of winning this ffsfsfs

WHY AM I STUCK AT WORK

1 Like

Great atmosphere from the barmy army

Would have been nice had Australia given us a bit of a game. Easy wins can be a little boring. But hey ho :smile:

Congratulations to the England team on making it to their first World Cup final in 27 years.

They had to beat India, New Zealand and Australia consecutively and did it handsomely.

Fancy them to blow New Zealand away on the big day but you never know.

Going to miss this tournament. Haven’t played any Cricket in a year or so but this World Cup completely brought me back in.

Good news for you cricket fans

Wow, catch up losers

Would be pretty happy with whoever wins the final tbh

Whole tournament should’ve been free to air tbh. Short sighted from Sky and even worse from the ECB. It’s as if they forget that the 2005 ashes was so popular was due to the fact that it was on free to air

4 Likes

Reminds me of this gem during the previous Ashes series on BT Sport:

They had a pretty decent debate around what could save test cricket but ultimately couldn’t address the elephant in the room for obvious reasons. It’s a bit sad tbh.

When the summer test series were on Channel 4, the Ashes in 2005 inspired a generation of kids to take up the game. No series on Sky Sports or BT has or will ever have that sort of widespread effect.

2 Likes

Not strictly true. I started to play darts after their intensive Sky Sports coverage. Grew a moustache, gained a beer belly, the lot.

I’m still shit at darts, mind

Been crazy in NZ since we made the final. WOW.

Yesterday morning after our glorious victory, I went into work and one of the boys was like “Bavin, did you see we made the final in the cricket” and I was like “yeah but cricket sucks so who cares haha” and they were like “yeah hard”.

Bring on Monday! (when the 6 O’Clock news replays the highlights)

Ah your real name is based on your username. That’s something

1 Like

Congrats Poms did it easily. Hopefully the final is a more competitive one than the Aus vs NZ 2015 game.

Bring on the Ashes in a 3 weeks time.

4 Likes

Not quite. Unless he signed up to OA before he was named :joy::sweat_smile:

New Zealander.
They are known to register as a country despite not being on the map.

1 Like

Pretty bummed about our performance to get beaten so easily, but if we win the ashes somehow I won’t be to fussed. I’ve seen us win the World Cup 4 times, I haven’t seen us win the ashes in England since 2001.