Coronavirus

“People need to stop living in their echo chambers and realise that my echo chamber is the correct one” :joy:

5 Likes

This thread is an absolute disaster now lol.

I muted it a week or so ago. It only appeared again as was the last post in current affairs so shows when you use the actual forum and not latest posts still.

Glad I’ve muted it now I’ve had my two vaccines for over two months now and back to having my normal life back apart from the track and trace and masks and cba reading the same shit from certain members 18 months on. :yawning_face:

Track and trace and masks :joy:

7 Likes

I know right totally normal life :rofl:

2 Likes

Is track and trace still a thing in Scotland then? Seems to have died a fast death in England. Don’t really see many people wearing masks here now either.

1 Like

Track and trace and masks. Call it normal life again.

:exploding_head::rofl:

2 Likes

It’s those bizarre apps that Calum downloaded to enter pubs
Only a handful of countries ever implemented track and trace. I refused to download that stupid app.

1 Like

does India use it? what countries do have it, does all of the UK have it? Ireland?

We have it, but it’s not really used in England any more as far as I’m aware. When it first launched, some pubs would make you scan their QR code to “check in” to their venue, with the idea being that you would register on the NHS app if you caught COVID and everyone who had been at the venue at the same time as you would be pinged. But a lot of people turned contact tracing off to avoid being alerted :sweat_smile: And now no where ever asks you to scan in.

Some big events here ask for you to do a lateral flow test or show proof of double vaccination before attending, but that’s about it for the COVID regulations.

2 Likes

We have a “check in” app that has the tracking stuff through Bluetooth enabled. I don’t know a single person who was pinged through it.

For inside dining and cinema, concerts etc we have to show our vax cert. Supposed to all change back to normal towards the end of the month though.

1 Like

We have an app called ‘Aarogya Setu’.
I never installed it as I have been working from home and hardly ever needed to go out to a public arena where I needed to show the app.

2 Likes

Hahaha it’s fucked. Normal life is if you’re sick stay home as you’re feeling to shit to do anything else, otherwise it’s as you were.

I am loving the new normal of being home regardless.

Can’t be arsed to go to work anymore.

3 Likes

It certainly does suit some people pending on personality.

2 Likes

What are England’s double vaxxed rates out of curiosity ?

Melbourne is currently 80% 1st dose and 60 % 2nd dose and we’re still in a hard lockdown. It’s like 90 % double dosed in people 60+ also lol.

1 Like

Ok we’ll be higher coverage than all that by December with our mandates and we’ll still probably have more restrictions :sob:

Do you open OA first thing in the morning?

Poop properly

Usually have a squiz whilst I’m sitting on the can first thing.

You’ll be glad to know @Trion, 1st dose of Moderna is in me.

2 Likes