Coronavirus

It’s mad haha. Not having a haircut in four months is something I never imagined either!

@Calum yeah I think that’s the same here for the rule of six inside pubs! I know a few pubs that are not opening until then so feel that tomorrow will be rather limited

There is so many fucking rules I have lost count I got it wrong ie restaurants. They can open from 26 April but can’t sell alcohol until 17th May :joy:

There will also be a partial resumption of indoor hospitality - food and non-alcoholic drinks can be served until 20:00 for groups of up to four people from no more than two households. Contact details will still need to be collected.

1 Like

I’m allowed go more than 5km from home tomorrow.

1 Like

Well if it’s anything like last time the contact details collecting are hit and miss in these places.
No doubt though people will feel safer because of vaccinations.

You must hate us :grin:

1 Like

every pub and restaurant I went to last summer you had to sign in before you could do anything. Can’t speak for everyone else tho

Nah. People getting on with their lives is a positive.

1 Like

Yeah you were supposed too here but places I went left it too you in some places to scan in and plenty never.

1 Like

Same for me. Some places had a booking service where you gave all your details at the time of booking and then confirmed when you entered. But others didn’t even ask for any details. And some of the ones that did just gave a slip of paper for you to fill in. But they didn’t watch you do it or anything. Could easily have just left it blank on the table - as I’m sure many people did.

1 Like

This is the problem, places like this killing the industry for the ones that have been doing it and have been compliant all the way through.

I’m a head chef and I run the catering operation for a large golf club, we’ve got two clubhouses, with restaurants and bars, if you don’t sign in and adhere to the rules regardless of your membership you will politely be asked to leave and will not be served.
The recent covid paperwork we’ve received from our local council is even tighter and again if people don’t adhere to the rules they will be asked to leave and will not be served any further drinks as it’s our licence that’s under threat.
We absolutely will not be running the risk of being shut down and losing further revenue for the sake of a few who don’t want to comply, regardless of whether they agree with the rules or not.

We’ve had a visit from covid compliance officers last week as the golf side of the business is back open, so they are out and about checking.

5 Likes

:sweat_smile:

1 Like

This happened last time!!

What the fuck is it about Primark?!

2 Likes

Socks and jocks.

1 Like

Are you insinuating that primark is full of Scottish people as its cheap?

(jk)

3 Likes

I’ve never understood the utter obsession some people have with Primark. Its not even just in the UK, Madrid has Europe’s largest primark I think and the queues when that shop opened was just crazy :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Cash is always king.

2 Likes

I went into the one on Oxford Street once. Genuinely one of the most harrowing experiences of my life.

2 Likes

To be fair I’m very keen to swing by my local Waterstones and go a bit nuts with all this saved commuting money

1 Like