Cody Gakpo

Four goals now. PSV leading 7-1.

No deadline drama for Gakpo.

Probably saw Southampton and Leeds were his only option, decided to stay. Rightly so IMO. Play a good World Cup and move to a top team.

3 Likes

:eyes:

I just donā€™t ever see him at Arsenal.

Heā€™s too good and established to sit on the bench for us and we arenā€™t gonna bench Saka or Martinelli.

Someone like Mudryk or Lindstrom would be a more realistic acquisition I think.

We then donā€™t have to play them for 90 minutes all the time tho. We need quality backups

True but I just donā€™t see Gakpo being happy to be back up and I canā€™t see us paying Ā£50-70m+ for a back up.

Fine for Mahrez :wink:

1 Like

Very true, good point. If we win the EL or maybe even the the PL (:eyes:) he might be open to come in in a rotational role.

@Bl1nk

Translation? He wants to come to arsenal?

PSV want to do a deal with Leeds since they pay a good fee.

Gakpo doesnā€™t want to go there as apparently Man Utd, Arsenal and Real Madrid are keeping tabs. He desperately wants to join Real Madrid.

Honestly I canā€™t see any of these three sides making a January bid so it could get awkward. Leeds and Southampton happy to pay PSVā€™s asking price but the player is unwilling.

1 Like

World cup showing could be the difference on this.

1 Like

Yeah, that goal clip above wouldnā€™t be a goal if the keeper was decent.
He needs to do it on a bigger stage.

Kept him quiet last week and will do again tonight.

When he was linked to us in the summer, I remember reading PSV fansā€™ opinions who thought he could do way better than Arsenal. Like he was far too good for us.

Hadnā€™t even realised Southampton and Leeds were trying so hard to sign him.

Think PSV fans need a reality check. Even PL teams that are placed 17th - 10th have the resources to take their players lol.

Perhaps theyā€™ve reevaluated the situation and weā€™re deemed good enough now. Hope we spank these cunts tonight.

Looks a decent player. I donā€™t see him becoming a superstar though.

Would be a brilliant young prospect for most teams but we have Saka, Martinelli and ESR who are of a similar age and further along.

Donā€™t think Gakpo fits the profile of what we need. Raphinha would have been perfect as would a certain winger who plays his trade in London.

What do we reckon, heā€™s off after the World Cup?

Ten Haag will convert him into a center forward

Still not convinced by him. Think heā€™s more likely to be a Justin Kluivert than a Bergkamp.

I wasnā€™t impressed with his performances against us but heā€™s got 30 G/A so far this season.
Thatā€™s impressive output.

Is the Eredivisie that shit?

1 Like

It is that shit to be fair. I mean look at the Ajax team who had that magical CL run a few years ago. Despite sales worth hundreds of millions, not one of those players has set the world alight.

Gakpoā€™ numbers are very impressive though.