Chelsea Vs Arsenal (PL)

It’s such a shame your write up and photo post up you did when attending the Stoke game a few years ago has been lost to the ages, that was one of my favourite threads in recent years. Look forward to it mate :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Cristo im waiting :bellerin:

I think I’m giving myself a tumor holding in this rage I have yesterdays match but I know what happened, I think we have a manager that will actually try to fix it, and it’s not this managers fault a couple guys making millions to play football can’t put a fucking ball in the back of the net from 12 yds out when presented with a chance. And don’t get me fucking started in Mustafi getting bullied by a little fuckboi like Morata he should never play again for us.

4 Likes

Cant believe Morata scored. I dont mind the loss, but Morata scored vs us ffs.

2 Likes

It’s not like the new regime made that many rigorous cuts to get that mentality out did they :sweat_smile:. Giving a decent amount of players a renewel and a 2nd chance is very Wenger-ish. I know Coquelin, Giroud and Walcott etc, are gone, but they already were when Wenger was here.

Haha thanks but unfortunately I didn’t get the corporate treatment this time!

Walking up to Stamford Bridge was interesting, had a few drinks in Cafe Brasil right outside which was pretty interesting. It’s a Brazilian cafe and restaurant just off Britannia road that has signed shirts of all of the Brazilian players that have ever played for Chelsea.

Stamford Bridge itself is actually a pretty nice stadium. The atmosphere was really good yesterday because it was such a big game so early on in the season and everyone there was really up for it. The steep tiers kind of loom over the pitch a bit which gives you an interesting view but I can also see how it might be quite intimidating for the players.

Good god the Arsenal fans are loud though! Fucking hell they were singing the whole game and never stopped, it was really impressive and awesome to see. It got me wondering whether Arsenal away fans understand how loud they really are because they’re obviously in the middle of it and not in other parts of the stadium where they can hear what it feels like to hear them haha They drowned out the rest of the stadium for the most part. It was pretty incredible to hear and I was pretty proud of them! I was up in the Upper East Stand so I was actually fairly close to them which was quite cool.

As for our tactics…

I have to admit, defensively it feels like Emery is very tactically naive, at least by Premier League standards. Every time Cech had the ball, Sokratis and Mustafi would drop right out to the corners and ask for the ball which Cech would always give them. But the problem was that, seemingly, neither Sokratis, Mustafi or Cech are really quick or good enough on the ball to comfortably deal with the immediate pressure that that invited from Chelsea’s front three. It was pretty frustrating to see in person and we were lucky to get away with it to be honest. The problem was as well that the FBs push so far up and wide that they didn’t really give themselves as options to the CBs when they received the ball from Cech so a lot of the time they’d end up passing it back to Cech or across goal to each other.

Actually the positioning of Bellerin (in particular) and Monreal was pretty off-putting, there was just way too much space between the CBs and the FBs. That high line we were playing was suicidal at times too. 2 of the goals Chelsea scored were literally just from long balls played over the top of Mustafi and Sokratis. I thought Bellerin in particular was extremely disappointing. His defensive positioning and tackling was non-existent yesterday.

Guandouzi looked fantastic though, what a player. He was all over the pitch all the time, playing good passes and making strong tackles and interceptions. He looked amazing in person, I was very impressed by him.

Our attack looked good though, as did Monreal. On another day we’d have won 4-2, but Auba and Mkhi just chose yesterday to complete fuck their finishing.

I don’t know, definitely some positives. I think maybe we need some better defensive signings and then just some time to settle into the new style and tactics.

15 Likes

What did you do when we made it 2-2? :wink:

It was fucking shit mate. I wanted to go nuts but couldn’t do anything and every time Chelsea scored I had to stand up and clap, it was pretty grim not going to lie.

4 Likes

Did the Chelsea fans you went with know you supported arsenal? Bet they had a good laugh haha

Fantastic ! Could easily get used to these after each match :henry2: (no pressure)

1 Like

Haha yeah my best mate is a Chav and he was loving it. There’s a funny video of him singing this Chelsea anthem after the game and rubbing it in my face haha

@LordBendtner since I live in London now, I think these type of posts will be more frequent! Hopefully!

1 Like

Good analysis, saw it the same way, would add opinions but no time atm :smiley:

1 Like

LOL at the Karma for wanting Wenger out calls in this thread, as if to say we’d have done any better from the opening 2 games with him at the helm.

2 Likes

Where?

During the match, but I think it was mainly just tongue in cheek from @BigWeng_4LYFE.

Not overly fussed by the result.

By far the best attacking performance we’ve had at the Bridge for quite some time - even include the 5-3 in that to be honest.

Encouraging to see how much improved we were compared to the City game.

2 Likes

There’s a difference. The trearment of Wenger is where the Karma comes in. Worst start to a league season since 1992. Careful what u wish for.

lay off the drugs a4tt you are already brain damaged

Come on bruv. You might disagree with him, but thats not necessary.

1 Like

If that’s still the case after ten games rather than two then you’ll have a point. “Start to the season” is a very flexible term, you can talk about our start to the season after one game, two, three and so on. So I’m not going to be drawing any conclusions just yet. I don’t have any sort of agenda so naturally I’ve got no reason to do so.

1 Like