Chelsea Vs Arsenal (PL)

I’d go with this line up for the next game, no more accommodating our biggest assets for lesser options.

2 Likes

It’s really fucking annoying that we have to start with these two matches isn’t it? Very difficult to get into a rythym out of the gates.

Might as well be Lucas in midfield on his own.

I’d switch Ramsey with Laca and put Elneny in midfield

Yep, but even if we lost this one, there would be no problem. Emery is no under pressure.

The thing is, he’s under no pressure from logical people. There’s a huge amount of our fanbase that apparently thought we were going to roll City over yesterday and Emery is the man to blame for the loss. I’ve seen this reaction from some people already.

I sometimes worry that there are enough idiots supporting our club to make it seem like he’s not getting time. Even the people leaving the stadium early yesterday, what was that all about?

8 Likes

Fair weather fans…:roll_eyes:

I couldn’t believe that.
I can understand a few leaving but not so many, it’s an illustration of how the support has changed from a few years ago, especially in home games.
I think we’ll see a different performance against Chelsea and maybe some of our supporters will stick it out to the final whistle :grinning:

1 Like

Agreed to an extent, but if Ramsey sticks to playing the box to box role as it should be played, I don’t see an issue with playing him alongside Torreira, He was practically useless yesterday when played in a more advanced role (aside form his pressing).

Laca must be in contention for this game imo, there’s just no worthy wingers in this team.

1 Like

hopefully we will see this next week.

1 Like

Did I miss the day when we signed a Polish CM?

3 Likes

The first game against conte we won 3-0.

:wink:

2 Likes

Touché

Gwarn Mr Pragmatic
Shore it up and counter :ok_hand:t3:

4 Likes

Same thing it’s always about. Trains.

2 Likes

I kind of thought about the same thing, but a 4-3-1-2 with Torreira, Gonzo and Elneny, then Özil behind Auba+Laca, I guess it’s actually a compact defensive 4-4-2. Would be fun to test.

Given our first result to a big boy was a loss, I’d try and play it conservative in this game. Go for the draw.

Even with Emery in place, I think he’ll persist with Xhaka (I just hope he’s more cut throat about it compared to Wenger) so the inclusion of Torreira here is vital.

1 Like

Ugh…glad to get these two games out of the way early. That’s all I have to say about that.

2 Likes

Thankfully we have a fairly decent run until November after them. If we can a draw at the Bridge I’ll be jubilant tbh

2 Likes

Our away fans are usually better than our home fans, tbh.

2 Likes