Chelsea

But with the sale of Torreira, Sokratis and hopefully others we can hope to add midfielder(s) to solve that issue. There is stuff happening in the background too (Arteta recognising set pieces are a weakness and hiring somebody for that for example). The players (especially Ceballos) understand better what Arteta wants which can also improve our attacking play.

Who knows if United is actually as good as their unbeaten run, they probably are, but I don’t see reason yet too count us out so easily. Is it going to be hard? Most definitely.

I can only judge squads as additions come in. Right now I have Chelsea and United ahead of Arsenal in terms of talent.

2 Likes

You’ve just mentioned 3 new players in that team. Then add Chilwell, Thiago Silva, a new GK and possibly another CB/DM(rumoured to be Rice).

That’s a massive change to their core, obviously a lot of talent is in that bunch but they’ll have to gel. And you best believe Roman ain’t accepting mediocrity from Lampard. A couple of bad results and he’s a goner.

If anything, Chelsea should be the first ones to be questioned whether they’ll make Top 4.

I am so jealous of the Ziyech move.

5 Likes

Reckon he gets binned in the next 3 windows.

Quite a squad this.

Honestly for the money they’ve spent, there are still holes and question marks all over that squad list.

Scarily top heavy squad.

1 Like

Such an improvement over last year.

Zuma Rudiger and Kepa are hot trash and need replacing.

Silva and tomori should start over them 2 honestly.

Still think Werner will end up out wide

Me too.
He’s going to be a great player in the PL, just a shame it’s for Chelsea.

They get Ziyech, while we get one of their rejects…again.

They have spent around 200m, and there may still be some slightly weaker areas in their squad, but the buzz around the club will be bigger than most of the other top teams in the PL because they have bought some very good players for positions that needed filling.

1 Like

Zuma is their best CB. Rudiger has always been trash, couldn’t stand him since his Roma days.
In general though that’s an unimpressive pool of defenders, even with Thiago Silva.
Add that Lampard hasn’t shown good signs defensively as a manager.

They should have spent more on that backline. Woeful.

I like Werner, but feel he is more suited to playing as a wide forward in a front 3 rather than being the new guy through the middle.

As someone else said, he does score a lot of his goals from counter attack type positions where he can take advantage with his pace.

No doubt they are going to be able to score but I think their actual midfield is starting to look like it lacks a bit of freshness and energy and their backline is pretty questionable at best.

1 Like

Agree with you on Werner but what do you mean by them lacking freshness in midfield?

Just to be clear, I don’t consider Havertz/Ziyech or Pulisic to be midfielders.

I’m talking specifically about Kante/Kovacic/Jorginho/Barkley. They just don’t look that mobile or dynamic in the middle part of the field. They have RLC but he is still relatively raw and coming off an injury.

I think the latter group apart from Jorginho consists of pretty good athletes that can carry the ball very good.
Fabrizio confirmed they’re going all out for Rice now so that’s another solution for them there, if he isn’t bought to play CB.

Yip, except Kante is a year older and was injured half of last season. Kovacic I think is good in his own right and Barkley sucks.

Not exactly a plethora of depth and dynamism and I think it will show if they dont make additions there.

1 Like

I was constantly writing about him everywhere before we got Pepe. You can hardly imagine a more “Arsenal type” of wide player (although he can easily play as a number 10 too) on the market in recent years.
Also considering the market nowadays he was pretty affordable to say the least.

At this point I don’t even know if this is for real or some kind of meme?

I swear I’ve seen 10 vids like this the past week on my timeline and I barely follow any Chelsea fan.
Why does every Chelsea fan have to post video selfies on Twitter hyping up their team like it’s Madrid 2009.

Seriously have they always been this annoying? Did that humbling at the Wembley push them over the edge?