Chelsea

I can’t in good conscience give Talksport any listenership figures but I’ll see if I can track him down on a podcast or two. :+1:

1 Like

I know where you are coming from.
There’s news afloat today about the takeover at Chelsea so SJ will be all over it like a rash.
He is brilliant not only that he is funny with his sayings .
‘ the FA couldn’t find their backside with both hands and a funnel’
‘If it looks like a duck , walks like a duck , sounds like a duck then it’s a bleeding duck’
Roll on 10am this morning.

Doesn’t sound good. Mental health issues possibly.

May sound harsh here but perhaps football isn’t for him.
Obviously he’s leaving Chelsea now and the spotlight of the PL won’t be on him but he is joining Barca.
They’re as brutal as they come too.

Football at the top level comes with its perks financially but it’s certainly full of stress, if it’s affecting him so bad he should probably consider a different path for his health.

This may be an isolated issue that has developed only this season, was not a peep of this in his professional career until now.

Perhaps he’s just going through some things.

Appealing to Chelsea fans’ better angels seems a bit of a lost cause imo.

1 Like
1 Like

Perhaps he just forgot about us, but what what would I give for them miss the deadline and this shithole of a club is no more. Scum of London.

1 Like

They aren’t in a race for jack shit

His team are soft AF, the way they tailed off this season was embarrassing

Fake ass title contenders, was saying that before the season kicked off

4 Likes

So, just because United have Ten Haag now, he thinks they’re immediately title contenders, nevermind the issues at that club from top to bottom.
A mediocre manager hyping up United, who collapse somewhere down the line. Think we’ve seen this script before.

1 Like

Let’s not forget, they choked Top 4 last season and gifted Leicester their spot in the final matchday who didn’t take it.
Botched the FA Cup final last season against Leicester. Couldn’t capitalize on either final this season.

Fair play, they win the UCL but clear they were far from the best team in Europe.

Good job on putting the pressure til December mate. Some will say Roman’s situation fucked them up when the wheels actually came off far earlier.
You ain’t challenging shit next season mate. You’ll be lucky to have a similar season losing your whole backline and turning the most expensive player if PL history into a donkey.

It’s never a 5 horse race.

14 Likes

Yeah it’s always two clubs with rest catching up

1 Like

I reckon it won’t be 2 horse race either next season.
City will have more room to breathe I think. Liverpool need to resolve their contracts situation or they’re heading into a tricky season with multiple players leaving next summer or they will have to sell some of their key players now.

It’d be City 1st, Liverpool somewhat easily 2nd and then Arsenal, Spurs, Man Utd and Chelsea will fight it out for the 2 remaining spots.

2 Likes

Yeah I’m with you on most of that tbh.

It’s a two horse race but Chelsea, United, and Tottenham have the players to get to around 80 points and challenge if the top 2 have poor seasons by their standards.

Like fuck they do.
Last time Man Utd broke the 80 point barrier was under Mourinho, Chelsea under Conte with Mou’s super team and Spurs with Poch when they had most of their players at their peak.
We’re talking 5+ years ago here and all 3 teams are worse now and the competition is much higher from sides below.

2 Likes

“Around 80 points” = close to 80 points

Chelsea were in title contention up until December. They finished 6 points off 80 points and they’ve basically been on the beach since March.

Tottenham have the firepower and Son and Kane are still peaking. They finished on 71 and Conte was not there from the start. Is it really outlandish to think they can get close 80 points? They’ve looked like the 3rd best team since he’s took over.

Man United are the wild card. They’ll spend spend and spend. Throw enough money at something and you’ll eventually start seeing results.

2 Likes

Lol Tuchel doesn’t rate Arteta’s Arsenal at all

At least he’s not being fake about it with phoney praise

2 Likes

Come on Flexo, they ain’t doing it. :grin:
Certainly not next season with all of them in Europe and the World Cup in-between.

Can’t wait for KDB, Partey, Kane, Kante and a bunch of others to collapse in the second half of the season.
Gonna be something. :sob: