Chelsea

Seriously ???

I remember that, Manolas and Koulibaly (When he was mega hyped) was supposed to be the making of an elite pairing.

7th and 5th. Woops!

1 Like

Yeah, he flopped massively at Napoli and he joined Olympiakos for a nominal fee in December I think.

I would have expected someone dumb from the PL to pull the trigger on him but Napoli seriously went and shot themselves in the foot.

Manolas was always an average defender and a very good athlete. He had bozo moments in every match but people were creaming over how quick and aerial great he was.

Roma fans never rated him much and most of them wished someone dumb would come and pay something insane for him. :rofl:

1 Like

Weā€™ll always have this.

6 Likes

This is fairly scathing. To call Lukaku out twice as he did so in the post-match interview too.

We donā€™t typically get managers calling out their star strikers. Lukaku could use this as motivation, but that feels unlikely given all that has happened in the last month.

Tuchelā€™s comments feedbinto the the narrative that Lukakuā€™s touch isā€¦not good to put it nicely. This is not a good situation lol

Heā€™ll probably be sacked by the end of next season.

He still hasnā€™t found a way to get more out of his offence, sure it isnā€™t overly great but there are true midtable teams that would get more than one shot on target against City over two games.

How many chances is this team laying on for Lukaku?

2 Likes

What an amazing narration that

If Mourinho was talking about his players the way Conte and Tuchel have been talking about recently there would be pitchforks.
:t_rex:

2 Likes

To be fair, Arteta and Arsenal have been routinely criticised for the handling of Ɩzil, Guendouzi and now Aubameyang.

The way Chelsea are going about dealing with a problem player of their own is hardly different.

And now theyā€™re falling down the league, Iā€™m surprised they arenā€™t getting hammered more for this kind of self-sabotage.

I find it baffling how they could spend Ā£100m on a striker that the manager doesnā€™t really fancy. Assume this was a transfer that Roman wanted more than Tuchel. Long history of that, going all the way back to Shevchenko.

5 Likes

Lukaku supposedly taking longer to recover is a reason why his side managed a measly four shots against City with only one being on target

Tuchel has been talking far too much

3 Likes

Iā€™ve always said this but I still think Tuchel will be gone by the end of the season or at the end of the season

2 Likes

Itā€™s just their model though. He knew that when he took the job. You basically sign a deal with the devil. Get paid handsomely, get some players you want, get some players forced on you, deliver trophies and without exception, get fired before your contract runs out.

If Tuchel is gone before the season ends surely itā€™s a no brainer for Man United to pick up.

2 Likes

I was listening to the Guardian podcast yesterday and they pointed out that since Abramović took over, Chelsea have either sacked their manager or won the league in 13 out of 17 seasons. And in the remaining ones, Sarri left before new season and Mourinho was gone early in next season. They donā€™t hang around, lol.

Hoping for a new manager bounce to catapult you towards back to back CL titles ?

3 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

It really wasnā€™t that funny at all, especially as its about the hundredth time the jokes been made.

5 Likes

I found it funny tbf. Good one @Aussiegooner

1 Like