Chelsea

Just imagine if Chelsea persisted with Lampard what we’d be saying about the likes of Havertz now. This lad has come alive since Tuchel came along.

5 Likes

My man had Havertz playing at CM. Awful manager.

We’re seeing the Arteta Effect rn with Tierney. Guy looks like he’s just crawled out of the trenches at the Somme.

Won’t be long before Saka is dragged down.

4 Likes

Saul-Kante pivot?

Are we? Tierney never looked massively assured defensively to me and it just seems to me that the predictability of our attack is what’s exposing Tierney’s one dimensional attacking approach.

Don’t really think he’s regressed under Arteta if anything he’s been given too prominent a role.

I dunno, I can’t see jorginho dropped they didn’t need strengthening there, unless he intends to move to 4 at the back?

He might blow everyone’s tactical mind by playing Saul as a right wing back, he’s played as a rb cb cm rm he’s a versatile player you never know haha

1 Like

He appeared to be more switched on defensively last year. He, and the whole defense, look like their chasing ghosts this year.

It was apparent from the first preseason game that we were vulnerable in defense, but it was preseason so nobody gave a shit. The players look simultaneously robotic and confused, Tierney included. That’s not normal.

4 Likes

Robotic and confused sums it perfectly

1 Like

I can’t believe how much Tuchel has proved me wrong tbh

2 Likes

I can ;-).

3 Likes

Yeah have to agree with you on that. Kudos to @Aussiegooner on the banter over the years on that one.

3 Likes

@Aussiegooner 's boy that. Must be gutted not seeing him don it in Red and White.

3 Likes

You have to give credit to Tuchel for really adapting his football over time. His BvB teams were really open and naive at times. Remember when they had a 3-1 second half lead away at Liverpool in the CL knockouts and lost 4-3 to get eliminated? Chelsea has a better squad but its just impossible to imagine one of his teams doing that now.

1 Like

Was there a realistic chance we could have landed him earlier? Just curious as he certainly would have been a vast, vast improvement over our revolving door of shabolicness.

He was unemployed for a year May 2017-May 2018. So around the period we hooked up with Emery. Although Wenger confirmed to be leaving the club months before that while Gazidis wasted a lot of time with this new structure garbage that now has us struggling.

1 Like

The way Chelsea recruited the entire Bundesliga makes me think they had an agreement with Tuchel for quite some time prior to his appointment.

1 Like

need to give @Persona his due.

1 Like

When he comes back. Can go full cabaret for him.

2 Likes

I really wish he failed at Chelsea gentleman @Stroller @RockyMaivia

2 Likes

How I remember it was that after recruiting Havertz and Werner and getting underwhelming returns, they opted for a German coach to replace Lampard in order to get more out of them which has worked in the case of one of those players