Charlie Patino (Loan: Swansea)

Impressively composed performance for an 18-year-old at this level. The Blackpool manager was full of praise afterwards:

2 Likes

Scored in the derby game against Preston @Powderfinger

3 Likes

Blackpool fans absolutely adore him. Can’t say I’ve watched many of their games, but their fans talk about him like he is the best thing since sliced bread. Head and shoulders above most other players in the league.

2 Likes

Huddersfield fans thought similar of ESR from memory a few years ago.

So hopefully Patino is another ESR minus the injuries…

Some finish that

1 Like

Patio and Trustee are both making waves in the Championship. Norton Cuffy has been starting a lot as well. Great stuff from our players on loan.

1 Like

Anyone know how he got on today? What sort of midfield role is he performing?

1 Like

Has come a long way from that match against Forest last year.

1 Like

It sounds like this loan spell for young Charles is working out nicely!

Do we know what positions he is playing in? He looks b2b from the clips I’ve seen.

I feel like we should be loaning Lokonga out because Chazlar will probably be making the bench in most cases.

1 Like

A few Forest mates were waxing lyrical about him after his performance yesterday and mentioned how good his decision making was as well as composure. I asked about his position and most said he wasn’t the midfielder picking the ball up off the cbs the most but was always available for a pass.

In short, the play came through him.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Some nice viewing.

The caption of Partey’s successor is a very bold take though.

3 Likes

I agree, but it is not that much different from 99% of captions nowadays.

1 Like

Blackpool sacked their manager. I believe he may have been one of the reasons we sent him there.

Could see limited time going forward if the manager attempts to be more pragmatic trying to survive relegation.

Can see a recall or loan to another club.

Would have him over Lokonga all day. Get him back.

5 Likes

Yep. Same.
With Elneny’s recent injury we’re back to being short again btw.

Where do we see this guy in a few years. The lad obviously has a ton of talent, and from some of the clips I’ve seen, can progress the ball, and also has some decent finishing in his locker. But I also heard he was statistically high in terms of interceptions.

Might he be developed as the Arteta #6, or is he more a Xhaka replacement?

After the disappointment of the ‘bar being set’ regarding transfer fees, I’m dreaming up the ideal scenario of saving 200 million and having Patino and Nwaneri at 6&8 in 5 years time. :man_shrugging:t3: