Charlie Patino (Loan: Swansea)

Laca truly is a joker :rofl:

They call him Papazette!

1 Like

Full debut :grin:

Had a magic moment in the Carabao cup. Should dine out on it for the rest of the season.
Can’t beat up on him and needs protection off the club now.
Back to younger sides and carry on with his education.
All good. Hasn’t wasted an opportunity today, just been found out that he’s too young right now. No shame

8 Likes

Too young isn’t an excuse if the quality is in the player.

I remember Cesc playing consistently in the league in a stronger Arsenal team at 17 years of age.

1 Like

This argument is overused. Cesc had some of the best players and characters in the world football around him back then.
Who does Patino have?

1 Like

Cesc came into a side full of juggernauts though. Patino was alongside another inexperienced rookie.

My point is this, irrespective of age talent overcomes in.

I think we just have to accept it’s disappointing he couldn’t have any impact vs a Championship side.

Cesc was also dealing with facing Roy Keane.

There’s talent but also mental side also. Fabregas was elite in both at such a young age.

Who had any impact vs a Championship side today?
Martinelli is still trying to get out of Spence’s pocket. Lacazette is still warming up. Odegaard is still trying to find an offensive player.

Maybe we should just be careful with the hype next time. This is was his first proper game and most of us didn’t know a damn thing about him except from some clips that tell you nothing.

2 Likes

I didn’t watch the game but I expected better from Lokonga and Patino vs lower league opponents that’s all I’ll say.

1 Like

Aure. I think they were two of our worst players for sure but it’d be hard to find anyone who did well today.

Perhaps Leno.

You dodged a bullet today mate. Terrible game for us.

Yeah but for example this is like saying why wasn’t Harry Kane the striker he is now in his late teens. Players develop at different rates. This kid is highly rated so let’s hope he progresses.

1 Like

Ouch our keeper our best player in a loss to a championship side.

1 Like

This was worse than the Brentford game for me.

Maybe I am forgetting or missed some moment, but I actually thought White was good. The only of our defenders who was any good.

He was okay, but wouldn’t say good. Even he started losing it in the final minutes of the game.
Certainly wasn’t awful like most of the team though.

@Aussiegooner’s point still stands. Not a good look for us.