Cesc Fabregas

Cesc’s level considering he played for us from ages 17-24 in the first team is absurd, what a special footballer.

Kinda resembles the RvC situation.

Man City would have paid whatever, whenever for his services. We had to sell cheap to Man United cos the c’nt wanted to go there.

This is why I admire Ferguson for what he did with Heinze. Heinze wanted Liverpool- Ferguson sold him to Real Madrid.

Wait I meant it as a joke too. Tone is totally missing in text. :facepalm:

Good job he was never missing for us on the pitch.

Greatest Arsenal player ever.

1 Like

Vieira was better, Cesc was more crucial to Arsenal.

Also Cesc was more likeable than Vieira.

Ahhh fair enough mate. It’s 2021 and I was trying not to be anti semitic or offensive while dabling with ironic religious jokes. It’s a fine line.

1 Like

Fucking racist

Good on you.

1 Like

Xabi Alonso, Pirlo, Modric etc. all have had a strong end of career while Fabregas seemingly weathered away and even while winning titles with Chelsea would often get benched for other options.
Cesc post Arsenal became a peripheral figure. Was a bad move to go to Barcelona in hindsight.

Cesc got 18 assists in the 14/15 Chelsea title and 13 assists in 16/17 title, I’m not sure I’d call him the wording you used for him is correct.

I do think his peak was at Arsenal 2008-2010 though.

3 Likes

The timing of that actual move was stupendous though. He should have waited two more years or so for Xavi to get older. What happened what Guardiola tried to shoehorn him in, which obviously wasn’t optimal, and they wanted to sell. He would still have been playing with Pique and Messi if he had done that.

But agreed. His career has undoubtedly been a big success.

Absolutely loved this moment.

“That’ll do it.”

7 Likes

One of my favourite ever wins. Remember watching as a 12 year old before school

3 Likes

Yet another empty win in a trophyless season :upside_down_face:

As a fan it’s nice to win trophies obviously but the football in those seasons were something special I absolutely loved it.

We were incredible despite all the new signings and youth coming through. Diaby cesc clichy walcott were all quite young there no? Rest of the players were around 24 25 if I remember correctly.

5 Likes

I dunno, for me it just seemed like bottling bullshit.

Went to a few games that season (07/08) and it just felt like we let ourselves down in the end.

1 Like

One of my favourite European games

Cesc was unplayable :fire::fire::fire::fire:

2 Likes
7 Likes

I always remember this moment when some posters complain about Cesc not being a good captain.

Cesc shouldn’t have left. He thrived being the main man of the team.
He mellowed after joining Barcelona.

1 Like

This :ok_hand: