Celtic & Rangers

So it’s this came up in work the other night.
Should these two teams be invited into English football.
How would they do and what if anything would they bring.

Wouldn’t mind seeing a bit of Scottish passion in the Premier League

1 Like

Both clubs could give away their trophy cabinets to a museum, because they won’t be seeing any more league titles, unless the Championship counts as a trophy. :grinning:

3 Likes

They’d do fine but no

1 Like

Nope.

2 Likes

It’d ruin Scottish football completely, and bring no benefit to English football. It would just make 2 very rich owners.

1 Like

…even richer.

6 Likes

I don’t see why they would want to. They are massive clubs and won’t want to give up title races and European trips.

Plus we want independence from you so this would look really stupid

2 Likes

I’d be completely happy to see Scottish football merge into the English and Welsh leagues to make a British league and prem if that is what the Scots really wanted. it would be great to have the 2 Glasgow giants in the mix and probably playing in the prem with all the money would add to their competitiveness

However it looks like Scotland’s direction of travel recently is for more separation from the rest of Britain than less. So in that context I’d say no at the moment. In the end though I think it’s a choice for the Scottish to make either way.

1 Like

Rangers definitely support this.

5 Likes

I think if they wanted to come in they’d have to start at league 2.
Think it’d generate good money for the lower leagues.
Might take a few seasons to reach the Prem but there’s no denying how much they could grow.
I mean outside United Liverpool ,Arsenal and maybe Chelsea is anybody bigger fanbase wise in England.
Itd mean less trophy’s for both clubs and being the dominant force but I find it interesting how much potential investment they could attract down here.

I’d rather have your St Mirrens and Hamiltons invited in and see if one of them could reach -100 goal difference over the course of a season

2 Likes

If they start in non league and work their way up, then any British team is welcome to join us.

They’d not see European football again :joy:

Tierney not enough for u.

I think if they want to bring celtic an rangers into the English league then they have to merge the rest off the Scottish teams aswell other wise it will destroy Scottish football. An if they start from the bottom it won’t destroy them financially they will rake in more money climbing the English pyramid then staying in the spl

3 Likes

I don’t think just the two of them moving would destroy Scottish football. It would just shift the powerbase to Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen. The support those three get is actually incredible considering they have zero chance of ever winning a league.

3 Likes

The sad thing is this could easily be us aswell :santi:

1 Like

Have they started to include dogs as well as their owners at the games?

2 Likes

I don’t know if this is true. Being in the Premier League would give them more money and more appeal. They’re already relatively big clubs, they’d surely attract bigger names if they were competing in a proper league. Though trying to convince superstars to live in Scotland could be a dealbreaker :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

Even if they started in League 2, Celtic and Rangers would eventually work their way up to the PL. And once they got there, with the money the PL offers, they’d have the finances to become top 6 challengers after some time in the league. Huge clubs with huge potential if they had PL money.

As a football fan, I’d love to see that some day but clearly a whole host of reasons why people would be against it, and probably why it will never ever happen.

2 Likes