Cedric Soares (17)

Unless we get good bucks for him, I don’t see the point of selling Cedric as well.

1 Like

The worry with letting Cedric go is the questionable fitness of Tomiyasu, Tierney and Zinchenko.

For what is worth, the reports suggest Arsenal haven’t made a decision on whether they will sanction his move.

1 Like

He can play right back or left back, is relatively solid and seems a good influence.

Can easily start in the FA Cup and possibly even the next round of the Europa. Unless he’s pushing to move, I don’t see the benefit of selling.

1 Like

I see the benefit in selling if there’s someone else coming in instead.

We know the club want another CB, I would entertain the idea of signing that CB now, freeing White playing RB and pushing Holding further down the pecking order.

The big catch with that is that with CBs, especially in this league, it can be hard one to acclimatize in, coming in January no less.

On a slight tangent, you’ve just reminded me that Pablo Mari is still on our books. Him and Holding going in the summer will be a lovely clear out.

The likelihood of upgrading on Soares as third choice right back in January seems highly unlikely and uneccesary.

1 Like

That’s also a worry if he stays because of those players aren’t fit, Cedric would have to play.

1 Like

That was the case last season. How many bad games from Cedric do you remember from last season?

1 Like

He did fairly well when Tomi was out but in those games against Spurs and Newcastle he really shat the bed.

1 Like

Why have you took a screenshot of a video

I’ve not

In case Cedric leaves, Fabrizio said we will look for a replacement. A good thing considering our thin squad.

See some talk about Ivan Fresneda of Valladolid. Very highly rated in Spain at the minute. Followed by a bunch of top club and it was said that Madrid was really impressed with him when they faced Valladolid.

Pointless. Might as well keep him instead of bringing in a player from a new league who may not settle.

Dunno, does Cedric really fit into our plans at the minute though?

3rd choice RB, 3rd/4th choice LB.
Main benefit with him is his experience really and what he potentially brings to the dressing room.

He can play in the FA Cup and probably the next round of the Europa.

He’s a good emergency incase Blanco or Tomiyasu are out.

I’ve got faith in Norton - Cuffy next year.

Perhaps when we play shit teams but first decent team we play in FA Cup or EL means he’ll be of no use though.

Played a total of 120 minutes so far in the season. Only 90 minutes he got was against Brighton when we got knocked out in the League Cup.

1 Like

Dumfries :pray:

1 Like

Likely related to the news of us stepping up our interest for Fresneda.

Hard to hate on a guy like Cedric. Seems like a nice guy (and is said to be of future manager material) that was under no illusion that he would be a starter for us. Has done his job satisfactory when called upon and that’s all we can ask for. I wish him the best of luck.

3 Likes