Cedric Soares (17)

Buzzkill. Also I think he has it wrong and its two years left on the deal. :frowning:

I don’t mind him staying as backup then leaving on a free transfer next year

1 Like

Sad to see a legend leave the club

1 Like

Cedric is not a great player but I think he’s deputised well for Tomiyasu here and I’m more than happy to keep him here for another year. He can play RB and LW and also operate as a WB (which we’ll probably never see but still)…

3 Likes

Talk of interest from Newcastle

What do they want with this cowboy when money is no object?

Not a fan of his but might well keep him rather than creating another hole in the squad.

I think we’ll need an upgrade at RB next summer. Wish we were in for Mazraoui

1 Like

Agree. In addition, Norton-Cuffy might genuinely be an internal solution but he definitely needs another year on loan to develop before we could make that call.

1 Like

Who’s gonna photobomb every photo now?

If we get 5m of any white people currency, we should considered it.

6 Likes

Hang on, what?

3 Likes

He won the AMN/Bellerin/Cedric/Chambers debate, that’s all that matters.

Remember when half of our squad was defenders? :sob::rofl:

1 Like

Bloody didn’t. I’d take any of the other three over him.

1 Like

Lmfao, your Cedric hate actually made you praise AMN and Chambers(are you a fan? don’t remember). :rofl:

2 Likes

He’s been one of the better deputy players we’ve had in ages tbh. Replacing him if the opportunity comes up is a no brainer, we should be looking for better than Tomiyasu or Tierney not just players to sit below them in the pecking order. Good opportunity to refine our full back pool further

2 Likes

If we can find a good full back out there he can go, but I wouldn’t mind running his contract down and he leaves in 2023.
Let Norton-Cuffy get a full season somewhere good next season and he can come back in 2023 to properly challenge at RB.

Djed Spence would oust Tomiyasu rather quickly, in my opinion.

2 Likes

Tomiyasu CB
:pinched_fingers:

1 Like

Naaaah. Why do that when Saliba can come back?

The Saliba transfer is the furniture equivalent of asians keeping that clear plastic wrap on the sofas for all of eternity.

1 Like

He won’t

haha

1 Like

Boro supporters seem to think he has a shit attitude and was lazy in training, which is why they loaned him to Forest.

They could be just bitter that he is doing well elsewhere but I would be a bit wary.

1 Like