Carl Jenkinson

There’s about 16 tiers of football on ‘our island’. All taken relatively seriously.

2 Likes

I think they care (a lot) for promotion. Actually winning the Championship is a side issue as long as the former is achieved.

Typical Premier League-centric attitude displayed by someone with little interest or understanding of the lower leagues

Funny to get this type of reponse whilst people on the other hand aren’t against blasting the Europa League. This isn’t directed towards you per se, but it seems quite hypocrite.

Well tbh I’m having real trouble understanding / accepting your POV on what Jenkinson should find acceptable after finishing his career.

He’s clearly a limited footballer that is stationed way above his level in terms of getting regular playing time. We surely agree on that.

To me it seems so obvious: of COURSE the summit of his achievements in football in terms of medals + regular playing time would hypothetically be playing in a Championship team that wins promotion to the top flight. Medals are given out for that yknow.

Agreed. Because he’s such a limited footballer he, and guys like him, should prioritise money (if that means sitting on the bench at Arsenal). The guys on top of football will get their money anyway and are in the position to actually sacrifice money for success. What do limited footballers like him get with such medals? They are considered bums anyway.

2 Likes

That is on an Arsenal level, on a player level being a contributor in Championship is not bad on CV

No love for Jenks?

Better option than Licht. Was good today.

Hahahahaha I wouldn’t be going as far to say he was good. He was no better than Licht was against Bate and Southampton if we take aside all sentimental crap.

Happy for him. Had the rawest deal at the club all season. Part of a 5 1 win and id leave him in over the 2 options for saturday.
Mean a lot to him and might just raise his performance.

4 Likes

Love Jenko. Great game tonight

3 Likes

Could swear I read a stat yesterday that said we haven’t lost with Jenkinson in the side for about 20 games or so…

2 Likes

Talisman.

7 Likes

I bought some crisps last week from the make a wish foundation, so i feel I did my bit to help this little boy live his dream just one more time.

4 Likes

Has he played 20 games for us since the 8-2 at OT in 2011 :thinking:.

He was our first choice RB for a good while in 2012/13 when Sagna was injured no?

Yes and did a great job as well.
Brady was well fucked off that Sagna got his place back immediately

2 Likes

Specially Bayern away!

Cult hero. We are all Jenko!!

1 Like