Calum Chambers

He’s not good enough, I see Emery keeping him for the likes of EL and League Cup games and then letting him leave next summer. I be shocked if he’s starting next Sunday, I really would.

I think this is why he’s been more successful in midfield, albeit in a terrible Fulham side. Not that I’m advocating for trying Mustafi in midfield, he’s finished and really should be sold at any price.

He’s looked a pretty decent option to me pretty much all preseason.

Let’s be honest. He and Jenks are only here for the homegrown quota.

1 Like

It just looks like he’s not a CB anymore, not a good one anyway.

The best thing he did all game was a tidy Cruyff turn in the opposition box lol

1 Like

Barca DNA!! Sign him up you more than a club cunts!!

3 Likes

Don’t think Emery was too impressed with Calum. If he was Luiz wouldn’t have come, regardless of the Kos situation.
Looked like he was on the “to be sold” group, moved to “let’s give him a go” group but then sidestepped to the “could be useful but need something better” group.
Personally I think he did well in pre-season but he looked very antsy. Same thing with Mavro when he was given opportunities last season. Probably an eye-opener when you sub in Mustafi and he looks like an absolute baller of a defender compared to them.

1 Like

I don’t think Emery likes him but I can see him starting alongside Papa this Sunday. Its him or Mustafi and I think (hope) Emery is committed to moving into a post-Mustafi era.

Reckon it’s Luiz. Shouldn’t need much adjustment. Btw, if he does start then Chambers and Mustafi should really start evaluating their options. Sooner or later they’re gonna be the next candidates to be sold.

Looked good today, very assured and up for it.

3 Likes

Keep it up Calum. I’m not a fan but I’m always happy to be proven wrong if it benefits the team.

4 Likes

Was solid, nothing flashy, no risky play. Would feel better if he is able to rotate with Luiz and Sok given the lack of choices at CB.

1 Like

Solid performance and took no risks. Happy to see him in cup games from now on.

Class performance with 0 errors. One of the best players on the pitch today.

6 Likes

Would you guys bench him now or wait it out?
Feel it’s better if you reward him(Sokratis included) with further starts if he performs well.

1 Like

Can’t say anything bad about him today, was a pretty tough assignment first up as Joelinton was pretty active and trying to work our defensive players.

If he can play like this in these circumstances, he will be a good guy to have in the mix with Sok, Holding, Luiz ahead of him in the packing order.

He was really solid. Pleasantly surprised.

Not convinced he will be a long term solution, but so long as it keeps BASTARD out of the team, I’m happy

4 Likes

Hahahahaha yeah I’ve got to give him his dues today, he was arguably MOTM.

1 Like

As people have said, no-nonsense performance. Imposed his physical strength well. Didn’t take liberties on the ball, making sure to clear his lines whenever the ball came into the danger zone. Tougher tasks are on the horizon but a positive contribution today.

1 Like

Barely heard his name mentioned, which for our CB’s is a good thing. Thought both him and Sokratis were outstanding today.

1 Like