Calum Chambers

We cant sell dude. We should be happy with 10m for him looking at our latest selling record.

Why not keep.him on a one year rolling contract. If he proves good enough to cover first team players then roll it over. If heā€™s not interested then sell but we need cover and he wants to play for Arsenal that imo puts him near the front.

Heā€™s under contract until 2022

Oh right I thought like most of the team he was in a final year. Must try and remember Wenger didnā€™t let every players contract run out

1 Like

Yes I think youā€™re right. Chambers could be a good squad player although heā€™s still to prove himself before heā€™s in our first 11. Letā€™s hope we get rid of Mustafi whoā€™s been the worst ever regular centre back Iā€™ve ever seen in nearly 40 years of supporting the Arsenal. Chambers is certainly better than Mustafi.

1 Like

High praise :arteta:

The saddest thing about Mustafi is that heā€™s a decent player technically, itā€™s just that his constant mistakes render him useless and it doesnā€™t matter in the end. If he had half of a brain and could be more circumspect heā€™d be a solid CB, but he has no brain. Literally none.

I will not be able to watch another season with him in the side but I know Iā€™ll have to; who the fuck would take him above clubs at League One level?

Is Mustafi Turkish ? If so there is an avenue for him

The whole point of signing the young defender years ago was so that we could reap the rewards when he gets to 23/24 years of age.

Heā€™s come off the back of his best season yet, albeit in midfield. Whether he can be a an asset in defence is yet to be proven, but I think he could be a valuable squad player next season.

Donā€™t see a reason to get rid unless a decent offer comes in.

1 Like

German with Albanian descent

If I speak I am in big trouble.

1 Like

Whereā€™s this man gone?
In fact, all loanees(non-interventionals) havenā€™t joined up.
Hint that heā€™s not part of our plans?

:raised_hands::pray::handshake:

Instead of blowing 10-30m on a temporary solution we might as well stick with Chambers who, for those who forgot, looked like our best defender last pre-season and then out of the blue he signed for Fulham.

2 Likes

Pre season means exactly fuck all.

1 Like

Nonsense. Most of our top pre-season performers over the years went into the season blazing. Rambo and Guendo some of the best examples.
Having a good pre-season can decide your performance levels for the upcoming season.

Iā€™ll give you that. For the most part it means fuck all.

I like Chambers, if Palace have any sense theyā€™ll take him over wastermen Elneny or Jenks. It think Chambers will make something of himself in this league, just probably not at Arsenal.

If Bournemouth can get Ā£20m for a cast off who had a good loan spell at Villa then we should be commanding at least Ā£35m for Chambers.

1 Like

We wonā€™t get anything over 20m for Chambers. Weā€™re not of that club profile, making some steals out of player sales. We wonā€™t become that now either, unfortunately.
Seriously, keep our defenders as is and off Mustafi, try and minimize the loss weā€™ve made on him(although he and Xhaka have cost us CL football for 3 seasons now).
Papa, Kosc, Holding and Chambers isnā€™t that bad. Add Monreal in there if shitstorm hits.
Personally, I would have taken punt at a 1 year deal with Cahill but thatā€™s it.

2 Likes