Bundesliga

Malen was a pretty expensive purchase for them. It certainly looked like a good buy at the time.

Some of their other recent signings have been suspect. I’m really not sure what the purpose of resigning Hummels or Gotze was.

They bought a better keeper in who started the season well.

I think their biggest failure is hiring Rose who has looked totally out of his depth. Ended badly in Gladbach, came in to a weird situation taking over for the interim who won the German Cup and moved upstairs to a front office position.

I think he’ll get fired this summer imo. They’ll cash in on Haaland and reinvest with a better coach in hand.

I’m not super into their financials so I’m not sure how feasible it was for them to spend more of the Sancho money last summer.

Surely it must be possible with the Sancho money though. Already knew that they were going to sell Haaland next season.
Thats a windfall in any teams situation. You can invest on the strength of that substantially. Coutinhio money with Liverpool shows us that. One team target challenge. Just see it as cowardly to surrender that chance.
We have all been up in arms here on the club not signing someone for a shot at fourth in a group of 4 teams.

I think if you ask them, they’d say they didn’t. I watched their All or Nothing and their Sporting Director spoke pretty openly that they thought Witsel was their missing piece in midfield. (This was before they signed Haaland iirc) That season with Favre was the chance and since then I think their purchases have been big hits and big misses.

Could they have spent big to catch Bayern last year? What would that have even looked like? Buy another striker? They already have Haaland? Maybe they could have upgraded the midfield but they spent big on Witsel and Can. Maybe another attacker? They had Brandt, Reyna, the skinny Hazard brother, Dahoud who finally came around.

1 Like

Bayer Leverkusen counterattack goal by Florian Wirtz:

Looking forward to seeing how Jonas Wind does for Wolfsburg after signing for them this January

He’s a talented lad, adapting to the Bundesliga should be a breeze.

5 Likes

Yeah I really think he’ll blow them away actually

4 Likes

I’m already a big fan.

4 Likes

I want their manager… As our manager.

I’m glad you share my gust-o for him

1 Like

Bayern down 3-1 :eye:

It’s 4 now.

4 losses this season already for Bayern. That’s as many as they lost last season and there’s still 12 games to go :eyes:

Bayerns chances of retaining the title have dropped by 0.1%.

6 Likes

Probably tells you they wont defend the CL.

1 Like

I do agree with you.

But at the same time, none of the “top” teams in Europe are really all that convincing. Man City the pick of the bunch, but they don’t have the pedigree yet.

The standard of European football has declined some what recently.

2 Likes

Upamecano getting roasted on Twitter. Did we dodge a bullet?

I wasn’t impressed when I saw him play in the CL for Leipzig.

2 Likes

Always seemed to have a mistake in him once or twice a match.

1 Like

“Modern defender”

2 Likes