Bundesliga

• No player has received more red cards (4) than Granit Xhaka since making his Premier League debut for Arsenal at the start of the 2016/17 season.

• Xhaka has now made eight mistakes leading to goals since joining the Gunners in 2016-17, more than any other outfield player in the Premier League by at least three.

• Xhaka has received 42 yellow cards in 162 PL appearances.

Where’s the agenda?

4 Likes

No. Countless players do the same mistakes as Xhaka and don’t get called out.

Likewise, random players tackle like Xhaka and don’t get carded.

He has a reputation which he doesn’t deserve.

Look, I’m not saying he is amazing. Obviously I would rather we had a better player. Buy given our current squad, I still insist they Xhaka is in the best XI

Stats directly above suggest that he’s making far more than others. Others might make similar mistakes, very few do so with such alarming regularity.

4 Likes

He doesn’t deserve most of those cards though.

And he plays in a position where is was literally his job to get our shit defence out of trouble

Which two or three weren’t deserved?

3 Likes

Oh come on Jake. You know that stats don’t tell the full story

Agreed, they don’t tell the full story on how shit he is, you need to actually watch him play consistently for five years to fully grasp it, something I’m sad to say I have been forced to do.

6 Likes

@JakeyBoy you’re being a prick as usual.

We both know it’s a well known saying “if they was Xhaka it would be red”

If by prick you mean reasonably disagreeing with you. Don’t be a pathetic little child because I don’t agree with you.

Come on you don’t genuinely believe this do you? Xhaka isn’t mistreated by referees he’s a total hack of a football player who is outrageously one dimensional

3 Likes

Good advice. You and @SRCJJ need to do this

Players do worse than what he does all the time and don’t even get a booking. I can show clips, but you have probably already seen them. Cresswell for a start, last weekend. And Kourtney Hause weekend before.

That’s doesn’t mean Xhaka is treated unfairly or doesn’t deserve the number of red cards he has, it sounds like you’re raising examples of other players being treated leniently.

I’m being a massive prick in asking a reasonable question again, but which red cards of his didn’t he deserve?

3 Likes

Makes a change.

and on the subject of Xkaka, the bloody last one against Man City! Seen players do the same thing week after week. Don’t pretend that there is consistency.

Much like you being overly sensitive when disagreed with :clown_face:

What are you arguing? That Xhaka didn’t deserve a red for the tackle, or that others don’t get red cards for similar tackles but should do?

I don’t think it was red card.

But, if it was, then others deserve a red too.

Oh and please. I literally don’t give a fuck about anything. People insult me all the time. You’re a mod, you can see I never flag anything.

You calling me a prick for merely disagreeing with you would suggest otherwise lol.

I’m with @Phoebica on this. I used to hate the guy a lot but he improved under Emery and especially under Arteta.

Think he was our best player overall last season, although it was a fairly disappointing one which says a lot. I still want him gone but I don’t think he’s terrible at all.