Bundesliga

I don’t think it means much. The sides that have been winning the PL recently have had some damn near perfect seasons.
The key thing essentially for City and Liverpool was to prevent the natural slump teams go through the league during a season. It’s why they’ve been caught out in the other domestic and European competitions. The concentration levels in the league need to be off the charts.

Personally, I think Bayern lately have been half-assing it at the start of their season then turn it up a gear later and just walk into another league win.
They’re pretty much giving the others a headstart but they can’t prevent the inevitable.
I don’t think that will fly by in the PL at all.

Should just rename it to Der Bauerliga

1 Like

Xabi Alonso agrees to become Gladbach manager next season, so many great players have taken that step in the last couple years.

Despite being a dead league interested to see how he gets on.

Tbf, it’s a good developmental league for young players and managers.

Xabi Alonso is an interesting one. I hope we keep an eye. Xabi Alonso is another one who has been touted to be a great coach.

It’s hard to say with the likes of Alonso and Xavi how well they will do in management. They were obviously world class players and have a better understanding of the game than others, but part of the difficulty is getting those ideas across. They always seem to be at risk of over-thinking things too as they obviously have so many ideas…

Will definitely be interesting to forward his progress there to see if he makes the successful switch from player to coach.

2 Likes

Peter Bosz sacked. Damn. He started so well there and was top of the league in December. I wanted him as Holland manager.

Things change quickly.

For him at Bayer or as coach of the national team? I’d still prefer him over Frank de Boer.

For him at Bayer.

I still rate him highly, but willing to give Frank a go. If he fucks up the Euros I’d appoint Bosz straight after.

It’s crazy how highly rated FDB was before his Inter stint ruined his reputation.

Both Inter and Palace gave him next to no time whatsoever either lol

3 Likes

Oranje is a good way for him to restore his reputation. He inherited Koeman’s successful setup and can continue developing it. He’s got a great squad to work with. WC qualification should be peanuts. Really interested to see how he fares at the Euros though.

I agree with Palace and Inter. Palace must be one of the worst managerial performances in the history of the PL lol.

1 Like

The Palace one was just bizarre, yeah it was a shocking start but 5 games?

Though in fairness Hodgson is still there so it did turn out to be a good decision, but you wonder what was the thinking was behind bringing FDB in.

:eyes:

Snubbing a Farmersliga team so he can keep managing in the 3rd division in Spain? :rofl:

Haha yeah I saw a correction article they made, maybe he pulled out last minute.

1 Like

Dortmund are going to miss the CL spots if they lose to Frankfurt here. Down 0-1

1 Like

Surprise, surprise.
Farmersliga indeed.

9 Likes

They should fold the league. More boring than Scotland.

Gotta be the most overrated league lol

Great for the football fan boys but really shit to watch most weeks

3 Likes

Tbf, it’s a good destination for young players to develop but it is worrying how one-sided it’s becoming.
It used to be way more interesting in the mid-2000s to early-2010s. Wolfsburg, Schalke, Stuttgart and Werder were also in the mix.