Bunch of cunts Vs Chelsea (Europa League Final)

I was going to go to last years final if we made it in Lyon, but I have no interest in going to a place like Baku.

As for the game itself, I really I have no idea what will happen, a real toss of the coin.

I’m employed! Only going for 3 days but this will be my first full week off work for over a year so think I have earned it!

4 Likes

The travel shenanigans are as interesting as the game tbh. If I were going I would’ve changed the habit of a lifetime and gone for the chartered flight

Enjoy pal, really hope we get the desired result for you and all of us. At this stage I’m going straight to work after the game, if we get beat I’ll be in a filthy mood.

2 Likes

What do you mean? “not a part of the world you want to visit”…you mean you don’t want to go to the Azerbaijan Carpet Museum?

3 Likes

Added a match poll to your OP @The_Invincibles, so get voting on what you think will be the outcome folks!

Also added a small bit of match info as well if that’s alright :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This is why Mysty always won mod of the year. I just pop into the thread and talk bollocks but he gets stuff done! :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I was just buzzing that I got a ticket lol!

7 Likes

Pleased for you mate! It’s an odd place for a final, but European finals are a rarity for us Gooners, so go and enjoy yourself! Baku is meant to be a really interesting city. Lots of cool buildings. Check out the Maiden’s Tower :slight_smile:

We’ve done well against Chelsea for trophies in recent years so hopefully we continue it, we need this win more then them as they finished in the top 4 already, I’m going for a win for us but both teams to score

1 Like

Only just realized that @InvincibleDB10 & @The_Invincibles are different posters

didn’t the slightly different names mean anything to you?

17 Likes

haha savage

1 Like

I’ll definitely get more excited for this as the game approaches, even more so that we’re playing against Chelsea.

1 Like

I was excited before @will24 but the trepidation dawned on me this morning (sitting in the sauna, no less) that should Chelsea beat us, they effectively knock us out of the CL, win a trophy and have bragging rights for years.

Couple that with a CL win for Spurs and, well…

That’s just it, this is more than just a trophy for us. Chelsea can go into it all relaxed knowing that whatever happens they won’t be in this crappy competition next year.

But our entire season rests on this game. We absolutely have to win it. For a club like Arsenal to be our of the Champions League for three years in a row is unacceptable in my strict rule book.

5 Likes

this game could be the difference between a below average season or slightly above average season, In Emerys first year I just wanted to be back in the Champions League and then hopefully push on from that every year, if not then get rid in a couple of years and just not do a man u with their managers

1 Like

Losing this and Tottenham winning the CL in combination represents easily the worst season in my time following The Arsenal.

Harsh luck for Unai, but part of the judgment upon him will relate to whether Tottenham do the unthinkable

6 Likes

Man, who’s idea was it to have this game two and a half weeks after the League season ended? All this waiting around for one last final game, that will define our season so much. Still waiting to see what our future holds. Club can’t move on until this game’s happened. I just wanna get this season wrapped up now. These 9 days feel like an age, we really better bloody win this thing :laca:

2 Likes

The Champions League final is always in the first weekend of June in international competition free summers and recently they moved the EL to be the same time as the CL to have a European finals week.

Good decision imo.

Keeps the season going for a few more weeks if you get to a final during an odd year.