Bukayo Saka (7)

If we want to be particular about it;

Saka has played 20 league games this season and scored 6 goals. He scored 4 of them in a 3 game spell in December. 2 against bottom place Norwich, 1 against a depleted Leeds and 1 in a fantastic game against City.

That means he’s scored 2 goals in the other 17 fixtures. There’s a problem here and it’s definitely over exposure at an early age. I’ve said before he shouldn’t be so heavily relied upon because it happens all the time with young players. They get overexposed and then the form dips and they need time away from the first team.

I feel for Saka because he’s talented and it’s clear to see. But we can’t keep relying on kids to produce in our attack

2 Likes

Look, I just get instinctively emotional when people say anything that’s less than glowing about Saka. He is precious and I will defend him at all times.

1 Like

Pepe should be seeing game time. Saka can’t play every fucking match. Feels like Saka is being overplayed because Arteta doesn’t like Pepe or for whatever else.

7 Likes

Sadly not the answer . A city bound player but a game changing player …… no
If he was , he should have taken the game to Liverpool yesterday.
For Saka to grow he needs more aggressive players around him . Sadly that ain’t going to happen.

2 Likes

I think he’s been a bit in and out since the Euros and probably been over played.

At times he’s a real hand full but then in some games he’s very ineffective with the game against Liverpool being a prime example where Robertson had him in his pocket all game.

I think he needs to be rested/rotated a little bit more so that he’s better rested and completely sharp when he does play. With Pepe and ESR on the bench we should have enough depth to allow this. Naturally we need Pepe to be at his best for this but as he’s got another contract to play for he’s probably motivated.

1 Like

Gonna feel sick when he leaves for City. :santi:

Hasn’t been amazing this season but he’s been played into the ground, got zero protection from refs and is being expected to help make up for the fact we have no striker…and yet he’s still our most important player.

1 Like

Already dreading it. We’ve seen great homegrown talent leave for better too many times as a club.

You want him to succeed and meet the high potential you know he’s capable of. But deep down you also know staying at Arsenal will only hinder him.

:santi:

1 Like

Again, one of the guys that kept causing trouble to Burnley. I really hope Arteta tries to freshen things up with him though. Teams grow into the game and Burnley figured out how to stop him after getting burned a couple of times.
I know he’s Arteta’s boy so he isn’t gonna sub him unless he’s not fit but he could do with switching to the left flank and Martinelli coming to the right.

1 Like

Nketiah had a better impact on the game in his 13 mins than Saka did in 90.

Switching Saka to the left side wouldn’t have been a terrible idea. It would have broken up the monotony somewhat. Alas.

4 Likes

Again, wrong footed on the wrong side proved his limitation

1 Like

Genuinely thought he was trash today again

2 Likes

Is it just me that thinks he’s not good enough for a Manchester City?

He’s one of our key players yes but he’s not Irreplaceable imo

Right this second he isn’t but that doesn’t matter to a club like City.

I remember people making fun of Stones when he signed, Mahrez took a minute to get integrated, Sterling had up and down form, Grealish arguably doesn’t fit at all but they bought him anyway.

They’ll absolutely be interested in Saka. He’s young, English and still has a few levels to go in his development.

2 Likes

They have a lot of talented youth players aswell

I really don’t think they would be interested in him for the price Arsenal would want

Oh don’t worry about that. They’ll wait until he has a year left to go.

1 Like

To be a squad player yeah but he isn’t starting XI quality for a team like City.

And no he’s not better than Foden lol, not close.

Yeah ridiculous saying that lol. Saka isn’t close to Foden

1 Like

Didn’t he start over him during the Euros? Also, how many G/A does Foden have this season playing for the superior Man City?

Foden probably looks up to Saka and he’s a year older. :grimacing:

1 Like

He’s started 7 fewer games and is two goal contributions off of him.

And it’s not just about numbers but the eye test, I don’t really care about the Euro’s thing because Southgate is a hack and Foden could play centrally.

1 Like