Bukayo Saka (7)

Realistically what would it take for people to let this golden boy go?

Is there even a number? I mean there’s always a number, but I can’t imagine losing one of the only shining lights at the club at the moment when everything else is so dark.

I’ll go La Liga crazy and put a £500m RC on him.

1 Like

Chelsea offer £170 million do you take it?

I’d take half of that lol

5 Likes

No. I genuinely think Saka can become the best player in the world, he’s that talented for me and has the brains to go along with too.
He’s up there with Haaland and Mbappe for me.

I love how contrasting those two answers are, OA and Arsenal fans online in a nutshell.

9 Likes

He isn’t even close. He’s not even in the very top tier of young English talent, I wouldn’t even put him in the Foden / Sancho bracket.

Heavy first touch, questionable decision making and very raw.

Lot of potential there but he isn’t a generational talent lol

1 Like

I’d love to believe that the sky is the limit for Saka like GC does and in many ways I do. I just feel that we stand more chance of getting back through the CL through an entire squad rebuild than Saka independently pulling us up to that level.

If the opportunity is there to do a Liverpool type post Coutinho rebuild then I’d say we have to take it.

In saying that though I can’t see why a club like ours can’t front the money themselves and build around the talent of Saka, ESR and Martinelli, but I know they won’t.

2 Likes

I don’t think most of them would’ve done much better at Arsenal, playing all over the pitch too.

He’s the beacon of hope for me at Arsenal. He’s the main reason why I think we have a chance to recover in the future and win some top trophies.

Also, I don’t trust this club one bit to utilize the money they get for him properly. They’re probably gonna waste it on 2 big flops and end up selling then for 20m each in two years time.

2 Likes

We wouldn’t spend the money on anyone good n e ways and Saka is one of our biggest contributors. Team looks lost when he doesn’t play. Can’t sell him and he’s young enough to outlast Arteta, maybe we will get a decent manager by then.

1 Like

I don’t like selling local youth, especially when they’re as talented as Saka and I don’t trust the board or Arteta to not do a Pepe with the money.

2 Likes

We need to sell Nketiah and Nelson, not Saka and ESR.

10 Likes

I wholeheartedly agree with this. Saka is one of the few players in this squad I wouldn’t want us to shift.

He can’t be too far behind these two though, he’s raw but the potential is clear and we simply can’t entertain any idea of him not being here imo.

Honestly I feel like he’s on level with Sancho and is two years younger, I certainly wouldn’t swap him for Sancho. Foden is pretty phenomenal though, it’s hard to argue but then again he plays in a much better team.

If England don’t win anything relevant with this generation. :man_facepalming:

No need to worry, I can tell you now that they won’t.

6 Likes

I don’t know about best player in the world that’s obviously OTT, however, I disagree about him not being at the top of young English talent. Take away those two names and who else is there? He’s getting called up to the England squad just like they are. Greenwood was lauded but it’s clear many jumped the gun there.

Which other players of that age are performing as he has done? I genuinely want to know bro.

Sure he may have some things to improve upon but show me a teenager that doesn’t.

1 Like

I was wracking my brain trying to figure out who’s this OTT fellow. I was thinking I was really out of touch :wink:

1 Like

And do what?
waste on players like Pepe?