Brighton Thread

Very sensible replacement for Potter. Doesn’t play identical football but could thrive in their structure and play progressive football.

@SRCJJ talk to me…

please dont tell me that brighton could be front runners for mudryk…hopefully he has higher ambitions

That’s a hell of a jump. No way Brighton are gonna throw 40-50m on a player any time soon.

sure they have some decent money to spend…backroom staff would probably push hard because they would know his talent. Unlikely but still could be another club in the mix for his signature.

Shams is right. Brighton aren’t about to blow £40m on a player.

1 Like

hopefully not, they dont big but that also means that they have money to spend if they wanted to also. I dont hold out much hope for us getting him anymore :santi:

Nothing weirder than when he walked away from the Serie A to go to Ukraine when he was genuinely one of the best coaches.

Didn’t follow him in Ukraine but his work at Sassuolo was excellent. Very promising coach I like him and Vincenzo Italiano as my two favourite “young” (both in their 40s) Italian managers.

He isn’t similar to Potter though far as I know his emphasis on the game is less about strangulation through possession and control and more about inviting teams to come at them and capitalising on mistakes through intelligent pressing and movement.

2 Likes

Souness is such a clown.

1 Like

A true dinosaur of football.
The Brontesouness.

3 Likes

Only 5 mins in but some decent stuff from them so far.

Sad news, only 24. He was man of the match against us at the Emirates last season. Goal and an assist for him that day.

2 Likes

At least it’s been picked up rather than an on pitch tragedy.

But that’s awful I hope he gets quite a considerable pay out at the very least and maybe Brighton can employ him in some type of coaching capacity

8 Likes

What a massive shame. :frowning: Bags of talent and as his nickname suggests, a good football brain. Sad for him and for Brighton. Could have had a fantastic career.

2 Likes

Wow so sad he looked quite good whenever he was able to be on the pitch, so young as well.

Fortunately they caught it early but hate to see talent unfulfilled.

Exactly this, terrible news and feel really sorry for him having his dreams robbed like that, but at least he’ll have his life.

Brighton must surely give him a role and sponsor his coaching badges if he wants/can stay in the game.

This is really sad

8 Likes

Does suck for him.
Graham Souness asked a good question as to why aren’t these things getting detected early on, then proceeded to tell his life story that contradicted his question.

These artery blockages or heart conditions may be very difficult to detect at an early age.