Brighton and Hove Albion Vs Arsenal (PL)

Tuesday 29 December 2020
Premier League Match 16
KO: 18:00
The AMEX Stadium
:tv: Amazon Prime Video

Our last game of 2020 :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face:

• Brighton Win
  • Brighton Lose
  • Draw

0 voters

1 Like

Creative. :bergkamp:

3 Likes

Bogey side for us, going to go for a 1-1 draw.

Haven’t we only beat them once in 6 tries since they’ve been promoted ?

We win this time here. This lot are going down this season and we are going too help them along . 0 2

3 Likes

Potter has our number. Too many getting overexcited again (about our seniors)

We know what usually follows that.

2 Likes

6-0. Fuck these cunts. (I actually quite like them being honest)

3 Likes

Yeah September 2017 our only win

Fulham, WBA and Sheffield have looked far worse.
Brighton lucked out. Hugely underperforming btw. They shaped up a nice squad, got a cool kit too for nothing. :joy:

For some reason Potter is another one of these managers that have this myth of being inventive and special status put on him in the media.
The reality is far different. Wish these guys could prove something rather than giving a nerdy fucking interview.
The reality is there down the bottom and producing nothing special at all. A few hacks bumming these people up because they talk analytical before a game means nothing. Eddie Howe says hello.

2 Likes

Yeah, he has this cult following because of the work he did at Östersunds. So that translate to him being let off the hook when Brighton play badly, “it’s the players’ fault, not the manager.”

6 Likes

Tbh I was interested how it was going to go when he took over, but it never really has for me. Although I never got the Howe hype you could see something.

I don’t think we’ll win, our success last night was based on our young players and we can’t expect them to be producing three points every three days.

3 Likes

Who are these cult followers? :man_shrugging:

Personally I’ve never really rated him. He seems to be in the same bracket as Howe and Wilder. They can play possession football and make players overachieve, but it doesn’t last for more then a couple of seasons. Potter has also been very lucky and I’m surprised teams haven’t capitalised more by pressing them higher. They keep possession well passing it around between their back three and keeper, but going into attack it’s mostly counter attack.

2 Likes

Tbh mate, I don’t think she meant to write “cult”

I was replying to the comment about media status. Not sure what you read, but over here there have been numerous reports about what a great job he did in Sweden, and it often still gets brought up during commentary and match reports etc. To me, it comes across as if the journalists/pundits are saying his route to management makes him a little cooler/different.

2 Likes

I believe it’s more a case of English media wanting to make English managers/footballers great again. Therefore they’re really hyping Potter, Wilder and Howe up. The Allardyce generation gave English football managers a bad reputation. I guess they don’t care about Dyche because he’s one that fits the ‘old’ mold more.

3 Likes

I don’t think it’s reserved for just England though.

There aren’t many decent new English managers around.
Smith is doing a good job at Aston Villa and Gerrard seems to be doing ok at Rangers but there aren’t many to choose from.

1 Like

We have also had shed load of shit managers from abroad.

1 Like

He did impress with Östersund in the EL but only did ok in the league (the quality of our first division is horrible). So I can understand he got the chance to coach Swansea.

But I understand the English media in a way. There’s a history of hyping young English managers (and players) and there aren’t many to write about atm. And I guess managing a team close to the artic circle is considered exotic, but I fail to see the hype regarding his football tactics :man_shrugging:

He wasn’t overly praised here in Sweden (except for the run in the EL). Hardly a Roy Hodgson who revolutionised Swedish football in the 70-80’s, and took us out of the Stone Age.

1 Like