Brexit

People really forget ‘They picked the wrong brother’ Miliband? Handed 330 Seats to the Conservatives. cheers bud.

3 Likes

He is never going to be Prime Minister because he doesn’t attract enough floating voters and has a poor image.
It’s a nice idea to have a left leaning leader but in reality there hasn’t been a Prime Minister like that since Wilson.
As much as Blair wasn’t a true Labour leader, and wasn’t particularly liked by the left of the party, he was attractive to the middle ground, as well as the media, which made him electable.
He also transformed the party to New Labour which was clearly what was needed.

Labour doesn’t need to persuade their hardcore voters to vote for them, they need to get undecided and disillusioned voters from the other parties and the media, on their side.

He is the political equivalent of spurs.
He might put the pressure on the opposition but he isn’t going to get the big trophy.

Not to mention he’s dealing with the fallout of his previous leaders losing the trust of the Scots and consequently all of the seats along with the rise of the SNP, Labour’s road back into a majority is always going to be a tough one.

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Ffs :arteta:

1 Like

“Grand Wizards”…?

So like the KKK

5 Likes

2 Likes

Yes, colonialist pigs.

Letwin plan for indicative votes PASSES 329 to 302

can you explain what this means?

1 Like

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47701591

yeah I am reading it but I do not understand :persevere: like, what does this mean in practice. can you dumb it down. I am not English but I’m trying to pay attention to current events but this brexit shit is confusing lol

Is this an attempt to do negotiations without May?

Essentially alternative brexit plans can be put before the house, to see if any carry a majority.

1 Like

Very Interesting development, I have some concerns but it’s seems necessary in light of the failure of the executive.

I think the outcome will eventually lead to a very soft Brexit deal

Nothing. Not a thing because the only deal that can actually be ratified is that which was agreed with the EU.

The only thing that makes any sense at this stage is to revoke article 50 and not fucking reimplement it until deal has been agreed and passed by the house. And if that never happens, tough shit.

1 Like

That’s so fucking shit. I love it.

Disgrace

Lol some of these are quite funny

1 Like

Farage is such an idiot.
He said: “if politicians think they can stop us, we’re going to march back.”
Has he forgotten that he is a politician, even if his attempts at trying to get power were a complete failure.

1 Like

Wonder if they’ll get more than 300 people this time.