Brexit

3 Likes

Leave papers raging :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Why should people keep voting for the same stupid deal, this isn’t a three strike rule seriously.

I think it makes a lot of sense. No point in voting for the same outcome on the exact same deal.

It has to be a different deal or it doesn’t get a vote, what else is the point?

If the PM can get two or even three votes on her deal when the MPs have already spoken why can’t we get a second vote on the whole mess itself??

1 Like

:smile:

2 Likes

Think yourself lucky. You only have to read that on FB.

I get that crap in my ears.

Typical right-wing cunts.

Ironically enough the queen is a ‘remoaner’

Also John Bercrow :giroud2: what a guy vindicating my love for him.

Best thing is, these guys can’t even criticise him because he will ROAST them in response, as he has been doing. Nobody is better at belittling somebody, the guy is a confirmed bully as well.

Wet stupid Tories are in for it

1 Like

Yeah, my parents worked in Westminster and know many who do, he apparently treats his staff quite badly sometimes.

1 Like

A John I can get behind.

1 Like

Yep that’s the thing. Obviously a very unappealing trait, but means guys like Rees-Mogg won’t try the shit they do with Theresa May or Soubry for example.

The papers can say what they want but I doubt many MPs want to join

Always feel like when the margins are small, like in this case 52/48, and the implications are immense a normal majority vote just doesn’t does it. Democracy has it flaws.

1 Like

:slight_smile: :slight_smile:

A 65% threshold should have been required for the vote to be effective.

Not a fair or purely democratic decision but one that makes the most practical sense

2 Likes

Nigel Farage was saying something similar…until Leave won, and then he shut up about it.

I don’t get people saying that having another referendum is undemocratic. People are allowed to change they’re opinion in a democracy, that it’s actually very important in a democratic system.

4 Likes

Exactly this, by moving forward with basically a split decision it was always going to end up in a massive cluster fuck with both sides basically forcing a stalemate.

Like you say, even a 60/40 split would of meant it would of been easier to get a plan for leaving the EU.

1 Like

I think it is the idea of a new vote being held before the result of the previous one is even implemented that some people consider to be undemocratic.

I would have never thought that we’d be 10 days away from Brexit with no or anything close to a real deal in place.

2 Likes

Why did this even go to a public vote in the first place?