Brexit

Gove et al successfully hoodwinked people into believing such nonsense as “they need us more than we need them”, when something like 55% of our trade is with them, and something like 15% of their trade is with us.

The UK would have never sat there and let Sturgeon dictate terms in the case of a Scotoand exit from the UK, so why would the EU do it for us?

7 Likes

The same morons who go on about a Canada style deal, not realising that it would be a massive win for the EU. Car manufacturers will face zero tariffs selling here, yet our own car manufacturers would be too uncompetitive out of the single market, and it does nothing for financial services.

These are the people who think they can get a better deal

1 Like

Half decent speech for her cause.

I’m wondering even in the case of a no confidence vote and leadership election, which Tory wants to win an election to be the leader of a minority government? I imagine some of the more ambitious ones will bide their time rather than volunteer to lead this mess.

I think she’ll survive it anyway, if only because the replacement options are so shit.

3 Likes

She will definitely survive it. And I am certain not one of the people who vote to oust her tonight would be willing to step forward to take the mantle.

3 Likes

The replies to this lol

great banter going on in the house of commons atm

2 Likes

I actually LOL’d at a Theresa May joke. :grimacing:

(The inconstant Gardiner)

1 Like

I kind of suspected that there was a literal joke in there but I don’t know the reference :sweat_smile:

It’s a movie.

The Constant Gardner

1 Like

Barry Gardiner is the shadow secretary of trade and is very outspoken on Brexit. Wants an Election and for Labour to negotiate a good deal.

1 Like

I like what he’s done here. Did May win a vote though or did she just get the job cos no one else wanted it?

4 Likes

Do you not remember Gove stabbing Bojo in the back to try and get the job? May, Leadsom, Bojo and Gove all wanted it.

I was just going to ask you guys: so the Tories have decided for a vote of no confidence, which is an internal vote within the Tories - so they will vote for whether or not May will be the Tory leader first of all, and automatically also the country’s, right? When is this vote (tonight?) and is the vote in everything but practicality, already decided, she’s losing her post? also: is this she then staying for practical reasons until they find a new Tory leader who then automatically also becomes the PM? And what happens with the very urgent Brexit negotiations with the EU if you’re left without a PM for the moment.

Yeah she automatically becomes caretaker PM if she’s fired by the MP’s. Awkward a.f. :grimacing::grimacing: imagine being sacked then asked to stay until they get your replacement in :joy::joy:

1 Like

Yeah, she remains PM until she and then her replacement visit Liz at Buck House.

1 Like

She’s going to win by miles tonight and hard Brexit will be dead, which is good news. One shit outcome off the table.

2 Likes

Unlikely to placate anybody

1 Like