Brexit

You are probably right. This is where we need to trust the government to do the right thing. :rofl:

1 Like

Could be an element of that for sure, though in a lot of cases on the left Iā€™d say itā€™s likely a case of total opposition to this practice than it is a lack of awareness of them or people forgetting. Perhaps a lack of awareness of how feasible it would be to try and eliminate such a reliance almost instantly, while trying to do a hundred other things necessitated by the awful decision that was Brexit.

One thing that astonished me while working for the nhs, is how incredibly wasteful they are with supplies and money to various vanity projects, wages for temporary staff and top heavy hierarchy etc; this went in to millions of pounds. I would say it was a necessary pre-brexit to cover the wastefulness of management.

Going back to the top heavy hierarchy, we used to joke about how there seems to be more directors, managers and supervisors than ground workers.

Oh Iā€™ve witnessed this first hand as well, my hospital bought a million pound dispensary robot thing whilst on special measures for being shit, my company was in charge of doing the whole building up, the guy dealing with hospital money was outrageous, we put up thousands upon thousands of pounds worth of work that was replaced 2 months later because he wanted to. Not only that at the time we revamped the office spaces where he would have his staff in this area for 6 months then rent a private space and move them all there for 6 months whilst we did the one in the hospital space up yet again with a slightly different lay out.

Madness

This is going to be an absolute disaster. Covid19 has made everyone forget about this I think :joy:

1 Like

My friends in finance are saying their companies are all preparing for no deal as they think thatā€™s likeliest.

Iā€™m clueless on this. Is a no deal really bad?

Very bad in the short term, first 2/3 years will be chaos basically next 8 will be painful.

It seems like certain issues (LPF, Fish access, MR & SA) were a red line for the EU before they would be willing to negotiate other matters as a result thereā€™s a backlog of important aspects of the EU/UK relationship that havenā€™t been addressed yet.

2 Likes

And the knock on effects will be blamed on the EU, even by the very people who pushed for no deal.

1 Like

This is one those sentences where you cant read past the first partā€¦

1 Like

I voted for chaos with Ed Miliband.

3 Likes

Boris really is a clown lol. When Ed Miliband can tear into you itā€™s worrying

4 Likes

Hell yes heā€™s tuss enough.

1 Like

Chickens will eventually come home to roost for the Tories and the english who allowed these kind of people to come to power.

Scotland will also go down with the sinking ship unless they change tack, but Nicola Sturgeon is a massive pussy and bottlejob so unless sheā€™s kicked out, nothing will change there. The UK will eventually face consequences for their poor decision-making.

1 Like

I always thought Sturgeon got it massively wrong harping on about another independence referendum from about 4 minutes after the Brexit outcome was known. It just got on Westminsters tits and was never really on the cards.

I wonder if she had worked with May, achieved the low scale Brexit they both wanted (on the basis it had to happen) and then pushed how it all would have gone down.

5 Likes

I wanted her to do a deal with May. But no smarts. Only good for PR stuff these days.

Totally agree. The Geopolitical obscurity weā€™re about to find ourselves in will blow some tiny minds.

You say ā€œUKā€ but our friends in Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales wonā€™t cling to England if itā€™s not in their best interests. As the beaches get closer we may just wonder why we werenā€™t nicer to the people with all the mountains.

Raging that Kent got independence from The UK before Scotland :neutral_face:

2 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like