Brexit

Struggling is somewhat relative. Either Fianna Fail or Fine Gael will form the majority party of the next Government. Between them they’re likely to pull in close to 100 of the 160 available seats.

I would say Varadkar has never really been outwardly popular. He won the FG leadership based mostly on the Parliamentary party vote. Because that accounted for 2/3 of all voting rights the fact that the FG membership voted heavily for the other guy was pretty redundant.

I thought SF were a bit doomed but Mary Lou McDonald has so far proved a very capable leader and her message appears to be landing.

My guess right now is FF to get about 60/62 seats and to form a government with The Greens and either Labour or a few independents.

1 Like

Zero tariffs will be attached to an agreement over freedom of movement of EU nationals, that’s what my friend in Whitehall is saying. Expect a concession or two when it comes to asylum seekers that have arrived in the UK from the EU that will somehow be spun into “We’re protecting our borders, like we promised”.

By the time this is all resolved we’ll wonder whether it was worth it all.

1 Like

Happy Brexit day everyone

8 Likes

Bye bye. Don’t let the door hit you… in the face when you want back in again :xhaka2:

2 Likes

Can you send the tac teams, we’re being held hostage. :bellcry:

Just checked a map, the UK is still in Europe. So make sure you correct anyone boasting that we’ve “left Europe” as that would require a wacky infrastructure project that even Boris wouldn’t endorse.

2 Likes

didn’t you just vote against your own independence the other year or something :no_mouth: you lot got Stockholm syndrome on odd days.

2 Likes

I don’t feel very sad that we’re leaving tbh

More intrigued on how things will pan out. Imagine the next 5 -7 years are going to be tough for the UK

1 Like

Yep. Fuckn bootlickers :facepalm:

We don’t technically leave until next Jan, which is when the transition period ends. So very little will change until then.

But we do get new coloured passports!

There is Brexit Party’s in London.

What an embarrassment :facepalm:

5 Likes

Sad sad day for for people who care about the country not just their political view.

3 Likes

So I’m assuming the deadline for Brexit is midnight tonight? (your ignorant friend from across the pond)

Yeah tonight 11pm GMT

Fabulous day in the History of Great Britain
Fuck the European Union.

1 Like

There is a Brexit Party, yes.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Imagine being a police officer on duty tonight :see_no_evil:

3 Likes

Parties on the job? sounds unreal tbf

C ya round suckers!