Boxing

Usyk is coming off a bicep injury and hasn’t ever fought as a heavyweight before so he’ll get a pass for this one. Plus he’s coming off the back of fighting 4 legit higher tier contenders in the Cruiserweight division and unifying the division in its entirety.

Fury has fought 4 bums now in 5 fights. He’s lost the weight and the rust, there’s no excuse for the shit he’s serving up anymore.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re having to give away the tickets

1 Like

bruh

1 Like

WTF is going on with my computer, some strange sht going on. lol Eddie Hern hacking me? I got everything in place for a crazy boxing fight party. No cucumber sandwiches at my house hahaha lol - can’t stand them.

Got the weigh in on Friday at 10pm for you to see.

I hate everything about Fury’s tune up fights. BT’s promotion of it the most.

Look what happened in the Joshua vs Ruiz Jr fight - bloody upset.

Ruiz has a solid amateur career and is still one of the top 8 or so heavyweights in the world. Wallin doesn’t crack the top 20/25. It’s a joke of a fight as Fury continues to con the public.

1 Like

Joshua needs to face Wilder or Fury next and not another bum.

Joshua hasn’t been fighting bums. Every single guy he’s fought from his world title win onwards has been better than every single Fury comeback opponent except for Wilder.

2 Likes

I meant to reply yo thia earlier but lost signal. Totally agree. AJ can be knocked for a lot of things but his resume isn’t one to be knocked.

Outside of Whyte he has the best set of names in his list hands down. Povetkin, Whyte, Klitschko, Parker and Takam etc.

Obviously we’re all gagging to see him fight the Fury’s and Wilder’s etc but beating him with a stick on the basis of who he has fought when you look at who them guys have fought is outright ridiculous.

If I’m Fury I’m fighting bums and raking in the cash. It’s the most sensible thing a heavyweight boxer can do. Even if it does diminish the sport somewhat.

2 Likes

In terms of quality names a younger Wlad, Wilder and a younger Chisora x2 is probably better than AJs albiet over a longer timespan

It is really especially if you factor in the time he had out the ring for the ban cash wise.
It happens a lot in this game. This was done forever with Bruno back in the day.

Chisora has literally always been an average fighter and the Wlad that fight AJ was the most aggressive Wlad we’d seen in years and one of his better fighters for a long time.

1 Like

It was probably Wlad’s most exciting back and forth fight. But there’s something in boxing called ‘losing a step’, and Wlad had lost a step and some of his stamina aged 40, was it? Wlad at his best has some of the best stamina in HW history and when he was mobile he was outboxing AJ, when he became slower and flatfooted he started getting caught and had to match fire with fire. Fury’s strength is his defense, while AJs is his offensive arsenal, so it was always going to be very different contests

Chisora still deserved the decision over Whyte, who’s possibly AJs second best win and Takam. Chisora also gave Vitali a good contest years back. Never a great but how many wins does AJ have who are better?

Either way it’s a shame AJ is wasting his prime not making the biggest fights in the sport

I mean yeah. To be fair and in my opinion the Klitschkos (especially Vitali) go down as the most underappreciated ever.

I just still don’t see how AJ has a worser catalogue of names than those guys. I don’t think AJ is completely to blame for these fights not happening. More so that his promoter is a greedy fat kid who doesn’t like sharing his crumbs.

1 Like

It could be Hearn’s scared of losing his gravy train. The reffing in the Parker fight clearly stopped Parker from fighting inside and I can’t believe that’s anything other than promoter instruction.

1 Like

Porter and Spence tonight.

On paper this is Spence for sure. But I think Porter’s inside pressure will make it an interesting opening 6 rounds or so.

Was a great fight, but Spence always looked likely after the knockdown.

Who’s excited for Spence Jr vs Crawford?

Best weight division in the sport right now imo

3 Likes

I was sure Crawford would win before the Porter fight and I’m even more sure now. I just think the variance in Crawford style and overall skill would overwhelm Spence.

Tyson Fury on WWE SmackDown and WWE Raw (Epic)