Boxing

Yea Khan wanted an out and when it was a 1 sided beating I can’t really blame him. Nothing was working for Khan last night. He couldn’t get off. The problem is they tried to actually box with maybe the best P4P boxer right now. They should of had him throw lots of volume to the body to set up head shots. Even then Khan likely gets picked apart but the game plan was all wrong.

I missed this last night, didn’t fancy the late night for the inevitable result.

Seems like he and Virgil feel like he’s not shot yet. So can’t wait to see Khan’s excuse for avoiding Brook again.

Like fair enough it’s a grudge match and it will settle some scores, bit does anyone actually want to see that really bad, now, in 2019?

1 Like

Haha absolutely not.

I just want to see him twist his own tongue by talking him out of the fight. It’s hilarious.

No but… he hasn’t even been in the same room as Crawford yet…and that means that he’s not on my level… don’t get me wrong, I’m still fighting for world titles…and Kell doesn’t have one…Besides, why should I give him a payday etc etc

1 Like

Brook is the only real payday he has left. I think he’ll try to get it, and then retire.

1. I hope you guys actually think with your mind this time and avoid buying the Joshua vs Andy Ruiz Jr 1 sided fight. The fight for a so called belt holder like aj is embarrassing and they are taking the pi*s out of boxing fans.

2. Barry Hearn recently made slave trade owner comments recently which is utterly disgraceful. I really pray you boycott Matchroom fights starting with that aj vs donut Ruiz Jr June 1st.

3. Tell your Chelsea Tottenham & Palace friends about this & other footy friends. Thanks

AJ team made a 6 and 7 million dollar to Luis Ortiz and his team turned it down (despite him earning less than $1 million in his fight vs. Wilder).

Wilder turned down $100m to fight a 3 fight deal with DAZN that included two fights with AJ.

Fury team turned down an offer from Hearn and are demanding a 50-50 Split when the reality is AJ is the cash cow with 3 belts.

2 Likes

As much as the Hearns rub me up the wrong way, I have to agree with @SRCJJ here. AJ is the cashcow by light year right now and rightfully holds all the cards. Even a clear winner out of Fury/Wilder wouldn’t change that unfortunately.

Is this true? I haven’t been keeping up with Boxing for a while, and that’s pretty interesting and makes me feel a bit more sympathetic towards Joshua.

You got any good links that summarize the current situation?

So the Canelo and Jacobs fight pretty much went exactly as most expected.

I didn’t stay up for it, just recorded it and watched this morning. I had Canelo winning it quite comfortably in the end although a few people appeared to see it quite close.

Poor GGG. Just been hung up to dry.

The reality about Canelo is that he probably lost to Lara (I scored the fight for Lara), he definitely lost to GGG and he wasn’t exactly impressive in squeaking past a Jacobs who looks to be past his prime.

And now they’re probably going to fight a welterweight because Spence will look like a good name on his CV when the reality is he’ll be jumping up two weight classes to fight a man who has fought as high as SMW.

1 Like

Twice.

2 Likes

Absolutely. I can’t see how people scored the second fight for Canelo either.

He is sitting on 4 losses to me with his best wins being a shot Cotto, a blown up welterweight in Khan, a B level Trout and a past prime (but never elite) Daniel Jacobs.

Yet somehow he is inexplicably ranked as high as number 1 on P4P rankings.

1 Like

Not all of them thankfully. Most rightfully have Lomachenko as No.1, and Crawford at No.2.

GGG is higher than Canelo on some of them :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have Crawford 1 and Loma at 2.

If Spence-Crawford and / or Loma-Davis/Garcia gets made this year I’m almost certainly flying to America for both.

Who do you have if Spence fights Crawford bro?

Hang on, I’ll flip a coin…

Crawford apparently :slight_smile:

I got Crawford winning that one. Think he is nearly complete and I don’t think Spence would be able to handle Crawford once T Bud makes the adjustments.

You reckon? Just signed an 11 fight $365 million deal

But I agree. He’s had multiple gifts in his career. The Lara one is a good shout.

In fact, Lara is one of the most robbed fighters I’ve seen in recent years

That’s Canelo’s deal.

I do see that GGG signed a 6 fight deal with the same company recently (DAZN), so at least Canelo has no excuse not to have the trilogy fight.

1 Like