Bournemouth Vs Arsenal (FA CUP 4th Round)

I really hope it doesn’t stay like this though and it returns to mid to high 80s being the norm for the champions.

Yeah, so unbalanced at the moment. I want the good old days back when people didn’t send me things like this

3 Likes

I would consider it a successful season if we finish in the top half now

Bournemouth are on a new win bounce (yeah I totally made that phrase up like new manager bounce, I mean wtf is that, swear I didnt hear that phrase till this season) so I think this will be a tough one. We should rotate the squad oh wait we have no squad.

1 Like

If we finish 12th and dont win a cup, should Arteta be sacked. Be a yes from me.

2 Likes

And a Si from me.

1 Like

Nah, the season was well and truly in disarray when he took over.

If after a pre season and hopefully a few of his own signings we’re still midtable halfway through next season, then yeah I’ll be saying it could be time.

Nah no chance mate. No lower than eighth and a good showing in the Europa. Not asking for the world here. Can surely manage that.

That’s what I’m expecting from him.

I’m just saying I wouldn’t rid him after 5 months, with none of his own signings, zero pre season and taking over a shambles.

2 Likes

Obviously it depends what transpires and how between now and the end of the season. Actually the people under most scrutiny now should be Raul and co.

1 Like

I think we are going to lose this one. I don’t think Arteta will play our strongest 11. Plus, given how lucky we were to beat Leeds in the previous game, I think we are due some bad luck in the Cup.

Just winning the EL would represent a very good season because it would mean we are back in the CL, at least for the qualifying rounds, but winning two would be our first double for nearly two decades.

The difference between being twelfth, or in the top six, doesn’t matter because as EL winners we are automatically in the big European tournament anyway.

If we win both it means this season we could win as many trophies as Liverpool.

No EL could help us to have a season like Leicester are enjoying this term

Every single PL game would be given the due care and attention it deserves from the manager and the players

I don’t think it would make much difference as the players that play in the EL are usually fringe players that need the games to keep them match fit.

1 Like

The FA Cup is going to take an astonishing amount of shrewd luck to win.

The last 3 times we’ve won it, we’ve knocked out at least one big team in/en route to the final.

I don’t think we have it in us this time.

1 Like

If we can avoid Liverpool, or another team knock them out, I can’t see many other teams better than us, apart from Man City, but even they seem to have trouble defensively this season.

We must be one of the favourites for both the EL and FA Cup so we should have a chance with at least one of them.

1 Like

Liverpool won’t play anywhere near a first team in the cup.

Fck the EL. It’s a boring second rate European trophy that is completely pointless, unless you win and get CL football.

1 Like

True but the CL shit when your bollocks in it like we’ve been for a decade though.

Hmmm

Not completely pointless then.

Being in the CL is pretty damn important. Our stock is falling further with every year we miss it.

2 Likes

Yeah that was my point.

1 Like

Arteta has loads of credit in the bank from me, unsackable this season regardless of finish.

and a 12th place finish with a cup double win would be a very good season, altho the numpties for whom “top 4’s their everything” will try and argue differently no doubt

4 Likes