Bloodred Cannon Shooters vs Baby Blue Sandsurfers: NEW BEGINNINGS

Looks a bit of a flop tbh. I will say he probably was impeded and the league needs to decide where the line is and handle more consistently with VAR.

1 Like

It wouldn’t be wrong though. If they had of had 20 passes between them then they would have had 20 passes between them. They just put stats like this out there with no context and it fucks me off a bit. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Top players - pass combination…
Not enough context?

I don’t even expect this is the stat for “successful” passing at all…

Easy man, just a reference…
We all know the good and the bad of this game… .nothing outrageous.

Cech and Mustafi auditioning for the chuckle brothers.

2 Likes

To me, to you. :henry2:

I’d agree with you had every English pundit and media person not come to a conclusion that those kinds of challenges are penalties.

But they aren’t called consistently… I would have no problem if they did.

They should do what they do in NHL, call it a foul and yellow card the embellisher.

So Neverkusen can get fucked. Cech knows to play the ball with his feet :sunglasses:

Might be repeating what has already been said but my two cents anyway:

Obviously, being the first game, that too against the best team in the league by a country mile, you cannot truly judge our performance, or Unai’s. Need to give him and the team a lot of time. Having said that, a few things did stand out from this game, some good, some bad.

First of all, Xhaka is a waste of space and I would be tempted to say he shouldn’t be playing against teams that press high like Citeh or Liverpool but this weakness of his is not well known and most teams will press him into making mistakes. He has had enough time and there has been no improvement, I think Unai should ship him out.

Ozil is a luxury player and should only play in games where we will have majority of the possession and aren’t being harassed like we were against Citeh. There will be games when he will shine and then there will be games when he will do absolutely nothing. I really hope Unai knows how and when to use him cause he was absolutely horrendous against Citeh.

Guendozi had a positive debut. Loved his energy and confidence on the ball. Loved how he tackled and dispossessed the opposition on multiple occasions. He definitely didn’t look like a player making his debut. Also love his long diagonal passes. Just oozed confidence but yes, he has a long way to go.

Torreira did more in the 20 minutes he was on the pitch than Xhaka did in the 70 before. He has to start over Xhaka.

As for Ramsey, can’t quite make of what he did on the pitch. Lot of running and his usual flicks but nothing noteworthy. Don’t know how Unai plans to use him.

Sokratis, no nonsense defending. He will do the job given to him.

Lichtsteiner, wow, what a performance. And he is a leader. He will tell you you’re shit to your face, if he thinks so. He is the player that might hold this defense together.

4 Likes

RIP Mustafi :santi:

1 Like

Throwback to this absolute gem by @Cristo :point_up:

1 Like

Even back then, I knew.

I knew.

1 Like