Bloodred Cannon Shooters vs Baby Blue Sandsurfers: NEW BEGINNINGS

:joy::joy: Love this anology

Lol we were pretty bad. It’s easy to excuse it as “it was City, what do you expect”, but they didn’t force us to make some of the schoolboy errors we made.

All I wanted to see was desire and a performance to be proud of. I didn’t see much of either.

Losing isn’t the problem, that was expected. The way we lost and the way we made it so easy for City is what I have a problem with.

4 Likes

Yeah this was my biggest issue and a theme I have a feeling we will see all year…losing just like we did under Wenger. Hope I’m wrong but I honestly think Wenger was a very small issue. The bigger issue is the absolute mediocrity at almost every single position. Ffs a 19 year old playing his first match for us did more than everyone.

2 Likes

At least Guendouzi appears like he could give us a legitimate reason to never have Xhaka in the team.

3 Likes

Oh for a defensive set up like Cities . Solid doesn’t do it justice .

We still have some players who are VERY comfortable and need to be dropped. Xhaka needs to quit football all together.

4 Likes

Oh look Ozil not turning up in a big game again what a surprise :crazy_face::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::crazy_face::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Erisken wasn’t playing today

It is going to take time for Emery to figure out who needs to be dropped.

Xhaka was not good in the first half and got the hook. That’s a positive development in my opinion. At least it showed Emery wasn’t afraid to pull a player. The problem is that Ramsey always misses 10-12 games a season and Xhaka is always healthy. Hopefully the addition of Guendouzi and LT mean we can piece together a midfield without Xhaka. Wouldn’t mind seeing Mhki given a shot in the midfield.

I’m curious to see how he treats Ozil & Mhki who were also pretty bad today.

I think just from today’s showing, we should have Aubameyang and Lacazette starting together. They looked so much more dynamic when they were out there together.

You can’t expect to achieve everything in one summer, but in a dream world he got sold this summer. Never gonna cut it here.

1 Like

Who would buy him now though? Other than the fact he’s incredible durable and can hit a long diagonal pass if nobody steps to him … don’t really know what he has to offer in England.

He’d kill it in MLS though. :giroud3:

2 Likes

Xhaka will end up playing in Italy.

Should flog to AC Milan they badly need a player like this.

2 Likes

Ivan’s first signing at AC Milan?

4 Likes

That’s why I said “in a dream world” :grin:

They’ve already taking Bakayoko off Chelsea’s hands. A Bakayoko Xhaka midfield is surely what dreams are made of.

2 Likes

You’re alright thanks

3 Likes

Leno, Lichy, Tor, Laca have to start next game

6 Likes

35.6 option to buy!?!?!

Really highlights how bad we are at selling our players.

It highlight how worthless our players are tbh

1 Like