Bloodred Cannon Shooters vs Baby Blue Sandsurfers: NEW BEGINNINGS

Take a break

Couple of things I was pretty bummed about. First was our lack of urgency or interest after conceding the second. Almost as if we’d accepted our fate and thrown in the towel.

Secondly was the pressing game. I don’t think we were sure ourselves if we were playing a pressing game or not. It simply doesn’t work if we’re not doing it as a unit. Probs being too harsh in the first game but it felt too easy for them at times.

2 Likes

Enough is enough, I was pulling for him but he is a dead player.

AMN, should be ahead of him too

2 Likes

We were so shit I actually feel like vomiting.

//has nothing to do with being hangover I swear

1 Like

Bruh I wanted to give man time but I’m done.

For real he’s a failed signing, bust status.

I’d rather take the energy and nativity of Guendouzi over Xhaka, Guendouzi and Torreria beside each other for the culture.

2 Likes

Meh this game was a free hit. There was some positives. Onto the next game

4 Likes

The only positive is we didn’t concede goals in bunches like we often did with Wenger in big games, other than that it wasn’t encouraging at all.

You mean positive i.e. Guendouzi right? lol

The rest of it was straight ass cheeks.

He’s at fault for not starting Torreira and trying to make Ozil and Mkhitaryan work on the wings, but let’s be real he’s giving players a shot, I don’t see how its reasonable to expect him to know his 1st XI right away.

Guardiola and Klopp all needed a season to work out the kinks, what’s really important is Emery learns on the job fast who is capable for this club and who isn’t and addresses the weaknesses in transfer windows asap.

Haha thought Laca and Auba did well together. Both really need to be starting against 75% of teams in this league

2 Likes

Yeah both may have to start largely due to the fact we don’t have a quality winger or even capable winger.

The game did change when Laca came on.

In the absence of a genuine winger I think he should start tbh, Mhki does not look up for it at all.

Have to be honest though our passing was absolutely dreadful today. Constantly miss hit passes and terrible first touches was doing my nut right in

3 Likes

Mkhitaryan and Özil should be pretty disappointed with their attacking performances. Their passing, touches and decision-making were mostly quite poor today.

Overall the result is a fair reflection of the gulf between the two clubs - particularly in the context of them being far below their best and having several first XI players missing.

Emery has a lot of time to study the tapes and find where things break down for us.

4 Likes

There was no real excuse for not bring one in. Poor squad assessment from Emery thing we could get by tbh

Let’s hope for movement in Jan

2 Likes

I think any overreaction after that is pretty foolish. There are levels to this; they are a complete side and we are a work in progress under a new regime. Give it time.

3 Likes

Like @Midfield_Maestro mentioned earlier at HT, there’s no business having Özil/Mkhi on the wings and Ramsey playing in this false 9 position. Ramsey can work the wing far better instead, Mesut doesn’t have it in him to bust a gut up and down the wing all game.

Plenty to work with here, played against a well drilled machine whilst we’re still setting out our IKEA flat-pack on the floor and looking how to approach building it. No need for this negative bollocks just yet.

5 Likes

Mkhitaryan and Özil were not great today.

I’m really worried because I was hoping Mesut would come back to Arsenal with something to prove. He put up close to a 0 today imo.

He always got special treatment from Arsene and I wonder if he’ll get that from Emery. Maybe tough love wouldn’t go amiss in this situation?

Positives:

• Game wasn’t that bad, we weren’t that great but had some chances
  • There’s some organisational and structure to our play, Emery will work on that.
  • Sokratis was solid
  • Guendouzi is very raw, but thats to be expected, I do see a player in him
  • Torreira was good, not sure how he didn’t start.
  • Lacazette was bright and added dimensions to our attack, has to start.
  • Emery made swift tactical substitutions and actually subbed out players who wasn’t just working or not good at all, I liked that.

Negatives:

• Xhaka has a season but he needs to sort it out, can’t handle the press. Otherwise he can be sold, enough is enough
  • Mkhitaryan was just not good at all and left his fullback in the lurches.
  • Ozil was bad
  • I see what Emery wants to do with Ramsey but apart from his energetic pressing he didn’t do much, but I’ll give the attack some time to click.
  • Feeling the effects of not signing a winger.

Man City is just a class above us at the moment that’s ok, I think we’ll get a better picture of where we’re at with Chelsea.

I hope Emery learns asap who his best XI is and don’t persist with anyone that just can’t hack it.

4 Likes

Who was available tell me? Before you say Mahrez for 70m haha yeah fuck off, plus he isnt really a direct winger either. Gelson maybe, who looks to be Gervinho mk2 which people will be pissed off with saying we couldda spent some decent money and got someone better than this idiot.