Bloodred Cannon Shooters vs Baby Blue Sandsurfers: NEW BEGINNINGS

Never said anywhere Leno’s transfer was a mistake. In the thread last I post. I just find his transfer fee is a lot lower than the Brazilian keeper.

1 Like

In the mountains so barely kept up with score, but how Xhakalamity do?

Ozil even saw he was offside, why did he go for the ball.

Still don’t think we will make it though. Of Chelsea, the Scum and us, who I think will be competing for that 4th place, we look the weakest.

A few positives here and there. Still a lot of the same (poor defending) that will take a few years to sort out.

Ozil has been quite poor.

But still, this game showed why Citeh was close to 40 (!) points higher on the table than Arsenal last season.

1 Like

Some people seem surprised that changing the manager doesn’t instantly change things like it does in video games.

5 Likes

If Leicester City can compete and win the league while the Sheikhs are in, there’s no reason we can’t compete on the pitch.

Money seems to be a poor excuse and Wenger was boring us all with it for years

This is about what I’d expect from us at this stage in the season against City.

It’s only up from here, I think we’re capable of giving Chelsea’s back line some genuine problems.

Then again we’re also likely to get rinsed by Hazard.

The usual

I also think people forgot just how terrible this team was at the end of last season. They were awful and a lot of those same players are still here.

Emery can’t necessarily fix Xhaka being immobile, for example. He can try to structure a team to hide a deficiency like that, but it takes time.

Surprisingly, the CB pairing looked alright.

Transitioning midfield to attack looked slow as shit. Not really sure how to fix that though.

1 Like

AT THE MOMENT, We are playing against mancity the other fuckers had easy games!

Yep, I didn’t watch it but apparently City did exactly this to Chelsea last week in the charity shield. Proper 2 horse race coming up this season

I think we can all agree that was an exceptional case. That might not happen again in our lifetime.

2 Likes

“still the manager”

Didn’t know Alex Jones was a Gooner.

You know that’s a freak accident. Look at those snakes the following season and when Ranieri left. When teams like Chelsea, Man U, Man City and even Liverpool can spend like crazy. How are you going to compete for names?

To think that some people gloated about finishing 2nd that season lol, that was our one and only chance to win the league again and we blew it.

1 Like

The Cinderella story won’t, no, I agree. But can you say, hand on heart, that we performed to our best today?

Leno’s chilling like he knows he’ll be in soon.

2 Likes

4th loss to City easily in 9 months, hopefully we avoid playing them for a while now.

1 Like

this Guendouzi kid is a real deal.

Him and Tex should start together from now

3 Likes